who is seeing poults/

GUP

Eight Pointer
Saw 3 hens with 8 young ones today. About half the size of the hens. In Wake Co. of all places. 5 minutes from Rolesville.

ncboman

Saw a flock of 38 one day last week. Not an adult in sight.

No kidding, and I don't even like the birds.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Got to see the bearded hen with her three babies Saturday and Sunday AM. They are still small compared to most shots i have seen.

blgoose

46d6dcda2789f801fd7d43a74225fde8.jpg
e8040691847696a3cb82ecb9a6848835.jpg

Been seeing some great numbers this year locally. Biggest groups include 4 hens with 21 poults, 6 hens with 28 poults and recently 1 hen with 9 big poults. Piedmont is booming this year for poult survey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

Been seeing some great numbers this year locally. Biggest groups include 4 hens with 21 poults, 6 hens with 28 poults and recently 1 hen with 9 big poults. Piedmont is booming this year for poult survey.

best pic all summer. Thanks for sharing.

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
Saw 2 hens today with 4 poults. The poults were big enough that I had to get out the binoculars to be certain they were poults.

I also saw a group of 4 gobblers.

Last edited:

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I didn't realize seeing poults was that big of a thing, do y'all not see many in certain parts of the state?

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
I didn't realize seeing poults was that big of a thing, do y'all not see many in certain parts of the state?
This is the first year I have seen any on this farm......only seem 3 turkey on this farm in 10 years

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I was just curious, I guess this part of the state is good turkey habitat.
Turkeys around here are about as common as a squirrel and to me about as exciting.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I was just curious, I guess this part of the state is good turkey habitat.
Turkeys around here are about as common as a squirrel and to me about as exciting.

we feel the same way about deer.

just nothing to seeing one or killing one.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Deer are like that here too.

What part of the state is it where Turkeys are somewhat hard to see?
I always just assumed there were everywhere, shows ya what I know....lol

mudflap

Ten Pointer

I have seen this group before as I travel this same road in the afternoons occasionally on the way home from Clemmons.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
^^^ learned something today,,,,now that's a LATE hatch,,,,,,or wrong date on camera!

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
seen 10 yesterday with a hen down on the land in SC,,,may have been another hen or three around but didn't see them,,,

and I know,,,,this is a NC forum,,,,,,,,