Deer are hammering the mineral site

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
I went up to spray my apple trees this evening and the deer have really hammered my mineral site in the last couple weeks:),, also noticed that the camera is Dead:rolleyes:,,,, hafta get some new batteries and clear a replacement card.

useyourbow

Eight Pointer
I put out three of those smaller Apple blocks,they were half price at TS and put them out the weekend before turkey season and are gone already.

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
Nice.

What varieties of apples have you planted?

2 Winesaps that I bought and 8 that I grafted onto M111 rootstock from a very old apple tree from my grandparents farm, it always had small, green/yellow/slightly pink on top very sweet apples and the parent tree always had a crop even growing up at a higher elevation,,, When these apples were ripening and dropping you could smell that sweet apple smell from 100 yards away. I should be getting apples within 2-3 years now

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Love a good apple tree. Grafting is a art I would like to learn at some point. Best of luck with the trees.

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
Grafting is actually pretty darn easy,,, keeping the tree alive afterwards is the hard part! Flathead borers have killed several for me, pretty much all of my first planting before I realized they were such a problem.