What Cologne/Perfume Do You Wear?

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
A note on Truefitt and Hill is a lot of people say it doesn't lather well. I've not noticed too much. I load the brush well and do a three pass shave on one time loading it. It coats well, but doesn't froth up and stand up. I'm shaving my face, not a half inch off my face so it doesn't bother me.

Stick&String

Old Mossy Horns
Depending on the season, or days events, my wife says I smell like fresh meat, fish, campfire, or sunscreen. Or a combination of the above.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Like many things, if the woman in you life gives you cologne by gosh you had better use it. At least on special occasions.

deerslayer60

Ten Pointer
No scents here other than old spice deodorant and sawdust all day long sometimes pine sometimes maple and once in a while oak depends on the cabinets im building

tarheelshooter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Wife says I smell like a car. Imagine that.;) I guess she thinks I bake cookies all day.:rolleyes:
As long as it's not gear oil I'm OK........you gotta wear that stuff off.:(:skeerd:

I don't chance the cologne anymore,had a few bad reactions many moons ago.

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Oh well, according to these chest puffing posts, I'm a wus. There are body washes that are considered colognes as well as deodorants and I use each. As far "store bought" colognes, I wear whatever the ladies in my life prefer as long as it's subtle and not sweet smelling. So, do I loose my man card now???

><>

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
Oh well, according to these chest puffing posts, I'm a wus. There are body washes that are considered colognes as well as deodorants and I use each. As far "store bought" colognes, I wear whatever the ladies in my life prefer as long as it's subtle and not sweet smelling. So, do I loose my man card now???

><>
Well.....it's definitely loose now.....keep on and you may lose it at some point :)

hadiah

snappy
g.png

crittergitter

Ten Pointer
I wear ivory soap and that's about it. If I could find something that smelled like the woods I might try it.

Sent from my iPhone using My big fat fingers.

Last edited:

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
SMH......

..,I never thought I would be logging in to NCHF to find out what kind of cologne other men (apparently boys) wear.

A much better question would be: do you prefer pockets on your cardigan sweaters or plain front? And do you wear those with pleated khaki's? Would elastic be ok? I get some funny looks when I wear both at the same time and I think people are laughing at me.

Why did you have to beat me to the cardigan.

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
Well then we should create a designer cologne for the discriminating outdoorsman.
Just for this I'll vacuum out my truck and dump the dirt in a jar, add in some musty leaves, an acorn or two, a few strands of BeechNut chew, one drop of Code Blue, burnt gun powder residue from some shot shells, and some water and let it sit a while.

Last edited:

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Although I dont wear it...I don't see how anyone could not like the polo black or double black. I can't really think of a bad polo cologne.

Smitty010203

Twelve Pointer
I havent read all the replies but I am betting you will be/are eating crow on this one. Closest thing to cologne I have is my scent away fresh earth. I keep a bottle of it handy in my truck and whenever my wife or someone gets in it with a perfume/cologne smell, the instantly get a dousing of it. I even spray it on the ceilings and all over the seats in the off season, not because I am trying to keep scent out my truck necessarily, more so because I like the smell.

Last edited: