What Cologne/Perfume Do You Wear?

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
I haven't worn any in forever but back in the day it was drakkar noir or something else that I can't remember the name of.

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
I don't always wear cologne, but when I do I prefer Dos XX.
fdf27939303d9849dadd16fb9a66e329.jpg

Last edited:

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
SMH......

..,I never thought I would be logging in to NCHF to find out what kind of cologne other men (apparently boys) wear.

A much better question would be: do you prefer pockets on your cardigan sweaters or plain front? And do you wear those with pleated khaki's? Would elastic be ok? I get some funny looks when I wear both at the same time and I think people are laughing at me.

I only wear pleated. I have never found a flat front pair of pants that fit. Those flat front pants are always too tight around my butt and leave a bulge in front.

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
During my New York days someone taught me the art of wearing cologne and the same applies for a lady wearing perfume. Anything more than just enough to make people wonder if you are wearing any and if so make them curious as to what brand is too much. The proper amount of an expensive cologne, applied in the right places, will cause a lady to slow dance real close.

See this OF hasn't forgotten everything. :D

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Don't act like yall bunch of yuppies don't wear cologne. As many of you post about UNC sports and golfing all the time don't try and tell me yall don't get all preepy'd up when the time calls for it.

I am not acting and I played golf this morning and will again on Monday. Not sure what one has to do with another.. I wear deodorant so I do not stink, other than that, I do not care what I smell like.

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I can do you one better nccatfisher. Someone gave me Avon Wild Country sometime back in the early 70's & mine was in a brown glass English Setter bottle. Still got it under the sink still 95% full. It's vintage, anyone want to buy it? LOL!

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Hey guys and gals. Just thought this would be a cool question to ask. Just wondering what cologne or perfume you prefer to wear. Do you have a signature scent or like to switch it up often? Right now, I am using Lucky You, By Lucky Brand Cologne. Really nice mellow musk scent, with light fruity notes mixed in. Very nice scent. Not too loud and it lasts for a while. So what do you wear?

BTW, if anyone is interested in giving Lucky You a try. DON'T buy it from a department store. I got screwed a little. I bought a 1.7 oz bottle from Walmart for $21.99 and found that you can get a 3.4 oz bottle on amazon for $18.99.

http://www.amazon.com/Lucky-You-Brand-Cologne-Spray/dp/B000YDI7MG

First of all you need to rephrase the question...real men do not wear "perfume", only cologne or after shave. And once in a blue moon when my wife & I are going out to eat, I might use a little Royall Bay Rhum (smells something like the stuff the barber might rub on the back of your neck after he shaves it) or Royall Mandarin (smells like citrus fruit). Both good stuff that my wife likes as long as I don't use too much...been using the same 2 bottles for at least 10 years+. Now let's stick to huntin' & fishin' & & trappin & bluebirds.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I can do you one better nccatfisher. Someone gave me Avon Wild Country sometime back in the early 70's & mine was in a brown glass English Setter bottle. Still got it under the sink still 95% full. It's vintage, anyone want to buy it? LOL!
Well being the packrat that I am had I not married I would still have mine. ;) But my wife has the two year rule and what lays around in the house is more like two days. LOL

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
last I looked this post has 782 views, LOL! may not be hunting or fishing related but sure has drawn some interest.

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
Cool water on occasion. I have some old school aftershaves at the barbershop I'll use after a fresh shave sometimes.

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
There is more insecurity on this site than in the entire stock market.

You think it's insecurity or too much time spent in the woods? :D

When I was chasing and charming the ladies every one worth spending time with liked for a man to smell good. My wife still does and buys me some pretty expensive stuff to make sure that I do.

Funny thing is she won't let me take it with me when I travel, says it's not allowed on an airplane. :D

Not long after we met I bought her some high $$$ French perfume when I was on a business trip to New York. It was well received so I bought her a bigger bottle when we were in Paris which was even better received. More than twenty years have passed and I make sure that she never runs out of that perfume. Oh and it is still very well received!!!! :D

mudflap

Ten Pointer
Hey guys and gals. Just thought this would be a cool question to ask. Just wondering what cologne or perfume you prefer to wear. Do you have a signature scent or like to switch it up often? Right now, I am using Lucky You, By Lucky Brand Cologne. Really nice mellow musk scent, with light fruity notes mixed in. Very nice scent. Not too loud and it lasts for a while. So what do you wear?

BTW, if anyone is interested in giving Lucky You a try. DON'T buy it from a department store. I got screwed a little. I bought a 1.7 oz bottle from Walmart for $21.99 and found that you can get a 3.4 oz bottle on amazon for $18.99.

http://www.amazon.com/Lucky-You-Brand-Cologne-Spray/dp/B000YDI7MG

Really? This site is about hunting, fishing, and the outdoor stuff.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
When I took my wife out on our first date, she bought some semi expensive perfume to wear. She was sorely disappointed when she found out that I had no sense of smell due to having to take lots of antibiotics as a kid, and with severe allergies, some perfumes set me off.

Many years ago, I had stopped at and ATM. As I was heading back to my truck, two other fellows were getting out of their vehicle. Suddenly, one of them hollered at me, "Exculse me sir, but do you work alone"? I stopped, befuddled, thinking, "How in the world does he have any idea that I DO work alone a lot of the time, and WHY would he ask?" Hesitantly, I said, "Yeah". His reply, "Well, I'm selling this cologne... (In a "mountain accent "wear cologne" comes out as "Were kalone" which I interpreted as "work along".):D

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
When I took my wife out on our first date, she bought some semi expensive perfume to wear. She was sorely disappointed when she found out that I had no sense of smell due to having to take lots of antibiotics as a kid, and with severe allergies, some perfumes set me off.

Many years ago, I had stopped at and ATM. As I was heading back to my truck, two other fellows were getting out of their vehicle. Suddenly, one of them hollered at me, "Exculse me sir, but do you work alone"? I stopped, befuddled, thinking, "How in the world does he have any idea that I DO work alone a lot of the time, and WHY would he ask?" Hesitantly, I said, "Yeah". His reply, "Well, I'm selling this cologne... (In a "mountain accent "wear cologne" comes out as "Were kalone" which I interpreted as "work along".):D

That's funny

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
On a serious note though, I don't like to stink. I'm just messing cause some of this craps funny.
I usually just use aftershave anymore. I have a variety of both soaps and aftershaves. Some of my shaving soaps smell pretty good and the fragrance hangs around a while. Some days I just use the soaps. I rotate the soaps and aftershaves. This is what I've been using most recently.
3ec8cfc09d3538f7348b8384e5e21461.jpg

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
No but the Fireside and Bergwood could be nice. Tough to order something you can't smell first.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've tried a few that came as freebies from the local companies, but the go to right now is aloe Vera gel in the bottle.

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
Oh I googled 1895 soaps and got that. It looked like fancy bar soap. My last rotation was a bar soap that is a small outfit that makes fancy hand soaps. It was washboard or washtub soap co or something. It smells nice and shaved well.