Trail Camera Question

bowhunter_lt

Good afternoon everyone. I am in need of purchasing trail cameras. My preferences are day and night ability with no flash and motion activated. I have done some research but with so many options, I'm at a loss. Can any of you offer recommendations? Thanks!

bowhunter_lt

I see a similar question was posed earlier. Disregard. I'll look through that thread. :)

gobbler

Eight Pointer
i really like my cuddeback e3's. one set of batteries last from aug til jan and were still going strong and they stayed in the woods.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I have been very satisfied with a Moultrie 880i. It has super battery life(only uses 8 AA) and good day and night pics. If I get another camera it will be the same. I leave it out for months at a time. From April 9th to May 30th it took 310 pics and still had 98% battery life. I also left it in the woods from mid-Nov. - end of January, took 1000's of pic and was still going strong on the same set of batteries.

Last edited:

spike almost pro

Heard good reviews about browning camera's, stay away from cuddebacks, and wildgames are kinda iffy in.my opinion.. i have a wildgames camera, covert blackout, stealth cam, stealth cam blackout, and cuddeback. Cuddebacks are nice, when they work of course.. mine acted up.. started taking blurry daytime pics, quit taking night time pics, under waaranty and returned it.. the new is doing the same thing and its a cuddeback attack ir. Buddy has a new cuddeback and its nice, im just waiting for it to take a :donk:donk:donk:donk. The older stealth cameras are nice they just dont last long with battery life, the new stealth cameras are actually quite nice for around 160$ .. comparable to my covert camera for 160!-200$.. hands down covert has been my longest lasting best picture camera and its taken well over 150,000 pics. Id ... long story short... Browning, Covert, Stealth Camera or Reconyx if you can fork the money out. Thats my opinion.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
As of late I have had nothing but trouble from the Coverts. Out of 18 cameras only two are currently working. Those include the latest cameras, the Red and the Black. Those leaked like a sponge. What was really depressing was that the first time I put them out in the woods they leaked. I contacted Covert and they wanted me to pay for the return of the defective cameras. I had no option because the camera was defective and no good to me. I was provided a replacement camera with the "new and improved closing latch" and that thing flooded the first time I put it out also. At one time I had nothing but the highest praise for the Coverts (I've had a half dozen different brands, Cuddies, Moultrees included) but their quality had greatly suffered in my opinion as well as has their customer service.

spike almost pro

Well with that being said about wildgames innovations, that was my first camera i paid around 200$ it has a viewer on the camera and a rechargeable 6 volt... ive had that camera 5 or 6 years still working fine.. had a few others and they havent lasted. My coverts are working like champs..

wdjenkins

I am constantly looking for a better camera every year. I currently own 4 moultrie, one a panaramic, 2 primos, 2 browning, 3 cabelas blackout cameras and 2 stealth cams. All are blackout cameras. If I had to rank them it would be Cabelas at # 1 they have outstanding senser's that don't miss anything out to 100 feet. Next would be the stealth cams for their video quality. Last years stealth cams did not work for me, I tried 5 and returned all. Then would come Browning and Primos, both good cameras. Next would be the moultrie panoramic. The other moultries are m99i's they take good pictures but miss a lot, they have weak sensors. The cabelas camera would take 300 pictures a day over bait and the moultries only around 30 to 50 set up in same place. I don't plan on buying another Moultrie. I am currently looking into the bushnell aggressor, the new browning dark opps, the new primos and I might dig deep for a reconnex if they have video at least 1 minute long. Does anyone have the 2015 model cameras yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdjenkins

I got a strange thing going on maybe you guy's can shed some light. Every summer when the ants come out they nest inside my Moultrie cameras but not my panaramic or any of the other brands. This goes on in my m80's, my m100, my m80xt, my blackout and both old and new m99i's. They really make a mess. Hundreds of ants and eggs everywhere. What a mess! Have anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk