Pistol Grips

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm looking for a set of pistol grips for a S&W .357 magnum. I understand there are different frames. I THINK it is a K frame, but I'm not sure. Looking at Hogue grips, it looks like they make one that is universal for about 3 different frame sizes. Can someone shed some light or information on this?

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It's a model 581. L frame, as I just researched it. According to the Hogue info, it should fit. Any opinion on the Hogue grips?

Last edited:

CBD21

Eight Pointer
I like houge stuff I've ran several of there grips with no complaints, also like there rifle stocks.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Ugly, but usually stop the weapon from bouncing around in your hand and very serviceable. Usually help, if you are shooting full 357 or +P loads.

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
You should like them. They are big and comfy. Agreed, they take away from the looks of a gun.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Hogue are nice grips.
they make several different types.
You cwn get wood and hig end wood.
Also I bet one of the better sellers are the rubber grip they have one screw in the bottom and nothing in the side. Full cover on the back to manage recoil.
The also make a set that are a hard plastic and look the same as the rubber.
they make them for someone that wants to fit the grip you can cut, grind, file in for mo better grip. Some cut the finger groves in more or take they away.
it is allso good for CC as they do now grab cloths and pattern the gun under cover vs rubber that is sticky and grabs stuff.

You will feel more recoil but have better control with a harder grip, wood or plactic.