Man do I feel bad.

jim67

Eight Pointer
Was tooling around at my hunting property on the 4 wheeler, just checking things out when a big hen turkey ran out in front of me. I stopped to look if there was a nest, turned around and there was a little one flopping in the grass, I had run over it. Dang! I feel real bad about it. I didnt see any others, but I didnt see that one either, hope there was more.

Redeye

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
You can do. Farmer cut hay in our pasture last week and speed a hen and a bunch of small poults.

Jim, I know how you feel. I may come off sounding a bit girly, but, I don't hit ANYTHING when driving, if I can help it. I'm talking everything from a groundhog to a squirrel. You just get a really bad feeling, down deep when it happens.

odie408

Ten Pointer
Hate it when that kind of thing happens but what can you do. Not so bad when its a coyote or possum but its hard to hit a yote.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Odie not if you use night vision and practice your aim. LOL. Haven't seen the first poult this year.

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
I don't know why people can't wait one more week to cut hay. Every single year bunches of hens and poults get killed in May. By June about all the little poults are hatched and able to fly some.

thandy

Ten Pointer
It doesn't matter when you cut you are still going to "hit" something. Most of these guys need to get two or three cutting a year to either feed there cattle or sale and feed there family. I know my dad has hit turkey, rabbits, deer, and plenty of other animals while cutting hay.