Alone The Series

Anyone else catch the first episode tonight? History Channels new series "Alone", stars 10 survivalists in the wilderness of Vancouver. Who ever lasts the longest, wins $500,000. The first episode was pretty intense. One guy has already quit, due to to the fear of being eaten. LOL, I guess that's a decent reason to leave. There's even a guy from NC. He's a native of Albemarle. Brant McGee. I'm really interested to see how long he'll make it. It comes on Thursdays at 10PM. Give it a look, it's pretty interesting stuff so far.

http://www.history.com/shows/alone

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I watched it last night as well! Im excited to see how it plays out. Im pulling for the NC boy. I was shocked but each person gets to bring 10 items. If you go to the website you can see what 10 items everyone brought. I realize that the animals could be a threat but it seems to me that they are more afraid of the animals when in reality it is the other way around. Unless im sorely mistaken.... Most of them brought a bow and arrow so im hoping they put it to get use.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My Dad met the guy from NC last week, told me I should watch the show. Apparently they have to do all of their own filming, and there is truly no one around. I missed it.

wademaster

Guys sign up for a survival competition, then quit due to fear of the obvious obstacles. Staged probably. Somebody had to quit to make good yet predictable television. I've got that episode recorded. Looking forward to watching it tonight.

wademaster

Watched the first episode. I find it interesting. Hope it stays this way and doesn't become a bs reality type show.

Briargoat

Ten Pointer
Watched a little but wasn't very interesting. Its a show I wouldn't mind participating in tho. For $500k, I'd sit out in the woods till the cows come home and I've always wanted to go to Alaska

Last edited:

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
McGee guy from North Carolina???? Wonder if there is a chance that I am related to him???? Have not even seen a commercial for it, might check it out.

I'm pulling for the guy from NC. But, my money is on the Alan Kay, the guy from Georgia. From what I'v seen in the first episode. He just seems the most level headed person there.

wademaster

As I previously stated: I like the show. The guys on it just don't seem as hardcore outdoorsy as you'd expect though. I personally think they chose guys who wouldn't be ideal in those conditions in order to make a more eventful and entertaining show. Think about it. There are dudes that can and have lived like that for ages. For 500k you'd have them knocking the door down to enter this competition. That said, I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Last edited:

wademaster

Thoughts on the last show? I'm still wondering why these dudes entered this competition only to chicken out because of the wildlife. What'd they expect?

Wademaster, that's exactly what I was thinking. 2 men have already went home and both times it was due to the Wildlife. I don't really understand what they were thinking. They know there are large predators there, did they just think they'd never come across one?

Also, how would y'all set up your camp? I know it may not be the most logical shelter, but, for me, I would try and make sort of a "Tree House". Now, I know that won't keep you 100% out of harms way, but it sure would feel safer than wrapped up in a tarp. At least, IMO.

wademaster

I need to look at the actual rule stipulations. I don't know why nobody has a water filtration tool or device. Maybe I've missed something.

I'd setup camp close to clean water and construct something to deter as many animals as possible from my "home". Maybe try and make something that I can get into and seal off somewhat.

Definitely would pay huge dividends to be able to store some fire material without it getting wet.

NCREBEL

Brant McGee used to work with me at the Fire Station, grew up close and went to same High School. Brant is a truly down to earth man! Spent time in Coast Guard as a rescue swimmer in Michigan. Came back to Fire Service but wasn't exciting enough, I guess! Lost touch with him since he left the fire service, kinda cool to be able to watch him on TV! Hope he wins it all!

Dropping Like Flies

Just watched last weeks episode. Already down to just six guys. I guess were sorting out who's really in it to win it.

cklem

These guys actually are great outdoorsmen, Allen is a friend of mine, his wife and my wife are best friends. He was surprised when some dropped out so early. They filmed this in 2014 and he was gone for a while I'll just say.

SPOLIERS!'

Aww man, I really had my money on him. Seemed like the most level headed guy there. Well, back to the drawing board, I guess.

These guys actually are great outdoorsmen, Allen is a friend of mine, his wife and my wife are best friends. He was surprised when some dropped out so early. They filmed this in 2014 and he was gone for a while I'll just say.

cklem

SPOLIERS!'

Aww man, I really had my money on him. Seemed like the most level headed guy there. Well, back to the drawing board, I guess.

I didn't mean he was gone from the show, I meant he was away from home for months, he lost 70 lbs by the time it was over, but I don't know who won, and who lost, except the once that already left.