Finally, settled on a boat!!

chevync20

Twelve Pointer
3d3548f7f48fe0dd03a4e6e7640432c7.jpg
1f867e81912bed80d99d6538a469aa94.jpg

Here she is. If anyone would like to help me get pointed in the right direction to help building a blind. I can provide some food and "cold" beverages. It is a 2070

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
I hear ya! You'll be glad you got the 20' boat once you fill it up with all those new diver dekes you've been collecting.

chevync20

Twelve Pointer
I'll snap a few pictures tomorrow. Finally got to take it out today after all this terrible weather. I forgot how much I missed having a boat and being on the water.

straightline

Ten Pointer
I'll snap a few pictures tomorrow. Finally got to take it out today after all this terrible weather. I forgot how much I missed having a boat and being on the water.

My wife is hounding me about going to the lake but the ramps this time of year are crazy. They should have a sheriff deputy there and if it takes more than two tries to back in they make you leave.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My wife is hounding me about going to the lake but the ramps this time of year are crazy. They should have a sheriff deputy there and if it takes more than two tries to back in they make you leave.

It's embarrassing to watch. The best part is when the wife is backing the trailer with the guy on the boat. The boat still completely hooked up and they wait until it is in the water to undue the straps and cable.

I've seen a couple ramps where you need the cable until the boat is in the water, but for 99%, the boat should hit the water, crank up, and the trailer be headed back to the parking lot.

seminolewind

dude its in CAMO and I don't see it? :)

Last edited:

chevync20

Twelve Pointer
I was set on an 1860 until I actually took the time to sit in one. I started adding in my mind, 3 people, a dog, cooler, two hundred or so decoys and all of sudden 18' looked like a 14' boat. An 1872 might get the job done. That extra 2' in length and 1' in width is a huge difference and definitely worth the extra coin in my opinion.

entropy

Twelve Pointer
I was set on an 1860 until I actually took the time to sit in one. I started adding in my mind, 3 people, a dog, cooler, two hundred or so decoys and all of sudden 18' looked like a 14' boat. An 1872 might get the job done. That extra 2' in length and 1' in width is a huge difference and definitely worth the extra coin in my opinion.

Nice! I have a 1660 center console, and it gets mighty crowded.

Did you buy it New?

chevync20

Twelve Pointer
Yea, I ended up getting it new. I plan on keeping it for some time. I felt I got a solid deal and piece of mind of warranty of 6 years on the motor and 10 years on the boat. I have had it out fishing a few times. The extra space really comes in handy

Tony Hawkins

Eight Pointer
I love that motor you have there. I am still running a Johnson 90 v4 on my 2072 SeaArk. It pushes fine (42 mph empty, 35+ with load), but has been harder to start lately in cold / subfreezing duck hunting weather. Often wish I could crank up a new 4stroke and go. I am rebuilding my carbs next week with hopes that it will get better.
Suzuki has that 6 year warranty, repower financing, and I like that new SS version (flat black and supposedly better top-end speed).
I used to have a home-made blind on my 2072, but for the past 2 years I have not really hunted out of the boat. I either drive to a blind and park 100 yards away, or hunt off the bank.
Hope you have a great season with her. Need to put some blood on the decks.