NF Scopes

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
I have a chance to pick up a used NF 5-22x with NP-R1 reticle for about the same price as a SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Tactical brand new! Does anyone have one of these? Both have great reviews. :confused:

Milky7272

Spike
Nightforce is a great scope. I would definitely take it over swfa. I love mine

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2boyz

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Is the Nightforce significantly heavier...or does weight even matter? Looks like you win either way with these products. Good luck.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
VX6 are right at $1,000 at Cabelas. I do want target turrets and matching turrets and reticles, preferably MRAD. The SWFA is $1300 and the NF is $1800 (new).

Last edited:

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Ill stick with my Mark 4 but the NFs are nice, make sure its not 2nd focal plane, lots of em are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
The issue with 2nd focal plane scopes for long range is that the 2nd FP will obscure more of the target since the reticle is magnified as well. Also if your using a mil-dot reticle then it will only be a true mil at a certain magnification (usually max) and can easily lead to a bad DOPE, range estimation, and add a large difficulty to target recognition. However a 1st FP will be the same size at any mag setting and will always be a true Mil measurement.
These are problems for guys stretching it out past 600 yards though, a 2nd FP can get it done you just have to really pay attention and be aware of their limitations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk