Dad Tried Buying A Confederate Flag T-Shirt.......

Well, my dad's 52nd birthday was today. A few days back he tried buying a Confederate flag shirt from a long standing eBay store. He placed the order, the payment went through and everything looked okay. Well, today, after around 5 days of no shirt in the mail, I logged into his account to see what was going on. When I checked his order, there was a message beside the item and the photo had been taken down. The message basically stated that eBay had to take down the ad due to what ever reason they could think of. I sincerely don't mean to keep beating a dead horse here, nor do I intend to stir the pot with this post, but COME ON. Pretty soon, your gonna have to order a custom shirt just to own one. It's completely insane.

Last edited:
It's just pure insanity. Why is a flag that's been flown since the late 1800's NOW such an issue? Its just like I said, in a year or two, you'll have to go to vistaprint and custom make yourself a rebel flag t shirt.

It makes me wish over the last few years I had bought up every flag, shirt, hat and license plate with the flag on it!

Last edited:

country

Ten Pointer
These minority groups want us to respect their beliefs and culture but they show us none in return. Anyone see anything wrong with this picture.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
flags2.jpg

Hunter10

Hopefully, similar to gun stores, the politically driven corporate decisions will encourage mom and pop shops to flourish. If people want Confederate Flags, maybe the free market (what's left of it) will fill in the gaps. Happy Dependence Day.

seminolewind

you should't even be able to say con... con... confederate without being censored..... (hope the mods don't block this thread)
Joke BTW!

Southside

Ten Pointer
There is guy that has sold all types of flags at the same spot on side of the rd near me for several years. He's typically there 2-4 days a week. Alot of his business was confederate flags. Came by today and sign said sold out. In probably 5-7 years I've never seen that.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Serious question............

To what occasion/event does one wear a T-shirt with the stars and bars on it?

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber
I'm seeing more Bonnie blue flags now.... I can see people wearing the shirts and such more now because of the latest debate. But the ones that do need to think long and hard about where they wear them. They may not like the outcome.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm seeing more Bonnie blue flags now.... I can see people wearing the shirts and such more now because of the latest debate. But the ones that do need to think long and hard about where they wear them. They may not like the outcome.

So now we should be scared to wear it? Nah dog.

Last edited:

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy

Grocery Shopping, school, movies, restaurants, parks, parties, the library? I don't know. Any place one feels like wearing one. How is that a serious question?

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
How about to a job interview?

To work? Where do you work?

Of course it was a serious question.

Update

We just got word back from the seller on eBay. He has actually shipped the shirt. But, he isn't selling them anymore. So, we should still receive it. Which, I guess, isn't a total flop.....

Last edited:

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer

Any day that ends in Y and the flag in question isn't the Stars and Bars it's the battle flag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

double

Twelve Pointer
Just a by the way. The post with the isis flag and nazi flag is wrong. You can not sell anything on ebay with a visible swastika. I tried selling some old wwii nazi medals a few months back and got my items pulled and a nasty gram from ebay.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Who would wear a T shirt to work?

I'd say a couple thousand a day, at the place I work.

Make it a lapel pin, then. Would you wear that to work? What do you do for a living?

Church?

Kid's ball game (at his school)?

Just curious.