Few Food Plot Pics

Jlewis74

Old Mossy Horns
Did not get much rain after we planted but we got just enough and its running a little behind. This is a mix of Corn, Cow Peas, LabLab, and Sorghum. Some of the areas look pretty good some got some grass and few weeds mixed in but being I live 4 hours from the club not much I can do. The beans are coming in pretty thick I was worried when they first sprouted as the deer were hitting them pretty hard. We leave a one side so we can get around without driving in the plot.

20150626_155006_zpsi8yyyzc8.jpg

20150626_154940_zpss1xqeigv.jpg

20150626_153535_zps7gcblqtu.jpg

This last one I am kinda shocked by as I was trying to empty the drill and just dropped it on a area we had not prepped as we have other plans for it for fall plots.
20150626_160100_zpsfpy13fm7.jpg

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
looks good but where is all the deer at? My peas and beans look like they have been hit by a weedeater in both Harnett and Rockingham counties. Your pics don't show much browsing.

Jlewis74

Old Mossy Horns
looks good but where is all the deer at? My peas and beans look like they have been hit by a weedeater in both Harnett and Rockingham counties. Your pics don't show much browsing.

The 3rd pic of the long lane with the tower stand, that lane is 300 yards long and the middle 100 is mowed to the ground. Now these are on a farm with 300 acres of peanuts on it so they have plenty to eat!

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Okay that makes sense. 300 acres of peanuts is some good groceries. By the way I like your slogan....never argue with an idiot. That is a good one

Last edited:

Jlewis74

Old Mossy Horns
Okay that makes sense. 300 acre of peanuts is some good groceries

Matter of fact that long lane leads to the field, that is where I was standing when I took that pic. Last year when it was cotton they mowed it all down!

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Man I don't know how you guys get your peas to last so long. I planted 7 acres and they are gone in 3 weeks. We are getting ready to do a second planting for archery season!!

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Man I don't know how you guys get your peas to last so long. I planted 7 acres and they are gone in 3 weeks. We are getting ready to do a second planting for archery season!!
300 acres of peanuts go a looooooong way. I remember deer hunting in Northampton when they use to grow peanuts. The deer didn't touch nothing but the peanuts. The peanuts could handle the browsing but they didn't tolerate the animals digging them up.

Jlewis74

Old Mossy Horns

On some of our other farms they have had to replant 350 acres of beans this year!