Boone and Crockett buck on gameland

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
There have been B&C bucks taken from Pisgah and Butner (plus FT Bragg but Bragg is not game lands)

Doc

Twelve Pointer
There have been B&C bucks taken from Pisgah and Butner (plus FT Bragg but Bragg is not game lands)

Got any pics or info on the pisgah ones? Or just hear say?

I know of some 140s and 150s, but never heard of a booner.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Apparently Yancey, Avery and Watauga Counties.

Nothing around Henderson or Transylvania.

One was also killed in Granville County at Butner.

Last edited:

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
To be slightly more serious, what is a game land buck? If I'm hunting private land next to game land and shoot a buck exiting game land on my private property, is it a private property buck or game land buck? I'd say both since it spends part of the day on game lands where there is the opportunity of a hunter to kill it on game lands.

guiltycounty

Six Pointer
Apparently Yancey, Avery and Watauga Counties.

Nothing around Henderson or Transylvania.

One was also killed in Granville County at Butner.

I grew up in Mitchell County and never heard of a Booner coming from right in my back yard. Doesn't mean it hadn't happened, I just think I would have heard in all those years.

n.d.woods

Eight Pointer
The rut is on boys!!!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Haven't drank coffee since yesterday and still spit it when I read that. Mo, never met you but I got a feeling the guys you run with are never short on laughs and one liners.

n.d.woods

Eight Pointer
Going off long term memory here, but wasn't there a super wide buck killed in Watauga County ten years ago or so on gameland that made the book. Seems like I remember reading an article on it being first one in long time from NC typical wise. May be completely wrong.

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
Going off long term memory here, but wasn't there a super wide buck killed in Watauga County ten years ago or so on gameland that made the book. Seems like I remember reading an article on it being first one in long time from NC typical wise. May be completely wrong.
Can't remember his actual gross but if we are thinking of the same deer......it was an 8.......one of the biggest I have ever seen anywhere..... can't remember the guys name but he I believe he died a couple years ago. It was posted here at one time......let me see if I can find it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk