Boone and Crockett buck on gameland

Doc

Twelve Pointer
That photo is not of the Chandler buck. His big 8-pointer had very chocolate-colored horns, extremely dark. As I remember, he wanted to take it to Dixie Deer Classic, wanted a booth where he could sell videos of the kill and of several other huge Pisgah National Forest deer he killed -- 140s to 160 -- but they had a waiting list for booths, he couldn't get one, so he never took it. Guy from Buckmasters who scored it. I saw the score sheet. I'll try to dig up the slides, see if I can get one scanned.

Dang, so he had killed many giants in Pisgah? that's awesome.

HorNhnTr

Twelve Pointer
I still believe The Rampola buck is legit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Curious why you think he backed off with his claims it was new world record? I know The Hanson buck seems to have a lot of money backing it to keep it there.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Curious why you think he backed off with his claims it was new world record? I know The Hanson buck seems to have a lot of money backing it to keep it there.

Prob all of the attention and not just the bad that it brought. You show it off abit and suddenly your under a microscope with 40% of people wanting every last detail of where you hunt how you did it ect ect, and im sure some of that % are up to no good. The remaining 60% call you a liar, say they "have proof" it was a hoax and just make it a pain in the arse all the way around. If i ever kill a monstrosity you'll see it 3 places the DDC for scoring, on here in a live/kill thread, and on my wall. Antlers turn people into arse holes.

Isn't B & C just a way of measuring bucks?

Are you asking if there has ever been one taken on gamelands?....like an antlered deer?

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Isn't B & C just a way of measuring bucks?

Are you asking if there has ever been one taken on gamelands?....like an antlered deer?

Your referring to the B&C scale, theyre talking about the B&C records which a buck has to be officially scored at 160 or some such and there are a host of other rules.