Prayers for my wife...

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
Got another update: planning to do surgery Friday morning.

The surgeon said there is no need to wait any longer. There is a chance she will have to have a temporary colostomy since they are operating while things are still inflamed. Me and our boys are ready for her to get well and be back home.

Thanks again for all the prayers. Keep em coming.

Sent from wherever I was at the time...

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
Surgery was this morning.

They we're able to do it "hand assisted/laparoscopically" Took out about 20" of her colon. She's still pretty groggy from all the pain meds and anesthesia. She should be able to come home in about a week from now.

Thanks again for all the prayers. We appreciate it.

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
Update 9/03....

She's still in the hospital. They let her start on solid food and all heck broke loose.

She has lots of pain in her stomach. They did another CT and said everything looks normal.

Suppose to do an endoscopy tomorrow... Please pray they get things figured out.

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks. Everything checked out with the "scope" today and she's feeling better now.

Hopefully she can come home tomorrow.

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
Finally home!!!

She was discharged around lunchtime today. Still sore but that's to be expected.

Just wanted to say thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes. I'm sure they played a huge part in all this.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I've had 2 guys at work with this just this past year. Surgery for both. Both are working back to normal again. For a while, we were like you SnS wondering what was going on. Faith in good DR's and prayers from here and elsewhere I think can take care of a lot of stuff!!

Looking forward to your next update!

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
Update 9/8:

She go the staples out today. She said she already feels a lot better.

It's gonna take some time to get her energy level back up, but that's to be expected after being bed-bound for for almost 3 weeks.

Thanks again y'all.