Forsyth County NWTF Jakes Day event

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Greetings Fellow Outdoorsman,

The Forsyth County Chapter of the NWTF is once again sponsoring our annual Jakes Day for the youth of our area on August 29th, 2015 from 10am-2pm at the West Central Community Center, 6130 Yadkinville Road, Pfafftown, NC 27040. This event is free to all youth with your local chapter’s mission to provide our kids a chance to experience the fun of the great outdoors.

This year the fun will include giveaways, freshly cooked Krispy Kreme donuts cooked on location, an awesome half time show sponsored by Sheffield Financial featuring nationally known outdoor celebrity Harold Knight and friends, free lunch with sandwiches furnished by Chick Fil A, ice cream for dessert, lots of outdoor related events that include the trout pond where the kids can catch their own dinner and take it home, archery shoot sponsored by the Guilford Bowhunters Association, NWTF turkey shoot , North Carolina Wildlife exhibit, Trailblazers exhibit, NWTF BB Gun range,NWC Pellet Rifle shoot, bounce house, 22 foot inflatable slide, trackless train, climbing wall, paintball shoot and more.

All events are fully supervised with appropriate age groups recommended for certain events.

Free NWTF Jakes Day t-shirts to the first 300 kids who are registered

I hope to see you all there,

Eric Clenney-president of the Forsyth Full Strutters Chapter of the NWTF

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Monday bump...if anyone is affiliated with a BS of America group, please relay the information..or a youth group at various Church's...ya'll come !

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Depends on the ruler of the house (wife).

what better way to give her a bit of peace on a Saturday than to take the youngun's for awhile...y'all come on and meet Harold Knight, Catfish Parker and his wife Laura and get some free goodies.
Harold will be there with the camera crew at 1000, and will be doing a turkey call demo at the lunch break.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There's some trophy line snappers in there for the kids to catch

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There's some trophy line snappers in there for the kids to catch
074dcad90fb05838ff6856b5e015647c.jpg

crittergitter

Ten Pointer
For all of y'all that did not get to go your little ones missed a very good time. My 10 year old baby girl had a blast! Thanks to everyone that helped put it on.

Sent from my iPhone using My big fat fingers.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Glad to see everyone that came, it was a very good event and I hope we made a positive influence on some kids who may have never been exposed to the outdoors and the shooting sports.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I hate that I didn't get to spend more time with you guys, but as you could probably tell, theres always fires to put out with events like these.
Wasn't Harold Knight the nicest person, what a good feller.

mudflap

Ten Pointer
I hate that I didn't get to spend more time with you guys, but as you could probably tell, theres always fires to put out with events like these.
Wasn't Harold Knight the nicest person, what a good feller.
We watching videos now on how to use a mouth call with my 9 year old. We had fun Eric, even though I was 1 number off on the Ruger .270! Maybe next year

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Good to see y'all too, I hope we will see y'all again next year.
I hope she gets a biggun this spring.