Any body use one of these

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I despised this thing while growing up, now I want one to use around the house.

mower.jpg

do not know who this is, just linked the picture.

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I made many a dollar at the ripe old age of 12 with a Yazoo brand mower similar to that, it would cut some serious grass!
That was my Grandaddy's gift to me at age 12, and the start of a good business until I sold my summer yard route to another young fella when I vacated to college.

duckmauler

Eight Pointer
Yes I have one, think it's a McKee brand though. It's a heck of a mower. They don't make em like that anymore.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If I could find one at a decent price I would get it. I go too hot this afternoon on a weed eater.

buffleheadnc2

Yeah my granddaddy turned his into an off set string trimmer for mowing under fences

391shooter

Twelve Pointer
I purchased a DR mower at a steal from a neighbor that was moving. It's like new and is a really good mowing machine. I have a friend that has a "hopper" similar to the one in the post.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Us poorer country folk just hoed the grass out of the yard and swept it with a brush broom made from gall berry bushes.

Dan Apple

Old Mossy Horns
I have something similar to that dc.... its a weedeater type head though.... If you're interested I'll shoot you a few pics.... Runs good, gas line has a leak but that's an easy fix... or you can just mow QUICK and not worry about it. :)

Let me know,,, I'll make ya a deal on it,,,, my weedeating is done with roundup nowadays.... don't see that changing.

Tony Hawkins

Eight Pointer
I got tired of buying new Murray, Craftsman, etc. that lasted a year or 2 and died. Bought this Kee off a friend for about $150 cause I figure it will last. Just cut with it yesterday, so it isn't as clean as the first pic. I have also used it to clear small brush from a powerline where I put in a little millet dove field; having a 15 year-old to push it is nice too.