Grey Wolf & Couger Shot in North Carolina

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The cougars/panthers can be elusive. My uncle was part of the panther society or whatever it is called. The President had been in the club forever and never seen one in the wild. My uncle went out the first time and saw 3 or 4 in a couple hours. lol

Of course in the day and age of trail cams on every square inch of hunting lands I don't see how we dont have some photographic evidence.

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The cougars at the dumpster in Hyde county were traced back to a Virginia resident (via the tattoos) that had legal possession of them. They were reportedly "stolen" and somehow wound up released in Hyde county. That's their story and they stuck to it.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
The only cougars and wolves that I know about that were shot were shot by the jealous husband ...

odie408

Ten Pointer
They are here believe it or not. Black ones, brown ones, and collared ones. Don't know about Bigfoot or UFO's but the big cats are!

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
I saw a trail cam pic once with a cougar and beaver in the same pic.......

That should get the topic going. Lol

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
I saw this morning where they've spotted manatees as far north as coastal NC. I know what a detrimental impact they had in Florida, they all but stopped navigation on some waterways where the manatees frequented. Welcome to the world of non-indigenous wildlife!

I read a report where the manatees had been as far north as VA, and they have been spotted for years. I thought they preferred warm water, so come fall/winter they'll be headed south, correct?

Jlewis74

Old Mossy Horns
I remember hearing of two cougars in Hyde County in that time frame. They were released pets from the claims. Also know of a gray wolf that was killed in either North Hampton or Halifax County around the early 90's, also thought to be a pet release.

Yes there was a gray killed in Halifax County in Early 90's maybe 93 or 94, I think I still have the news paper clipping at my moms house, next time I go I will check. It was near Scotland Neck when it was killed.