Boot help

Drewnjnc

Hi all, i'm in the market for a new pair of boots. The ones i have now i got off of Sportsman's Guide a couple years ago and they work pretty well and keep my feet dry but i'm looking for something more comfortable. I want something that can keep my feet warm and dry but are comfortable for long sits in the tree. I had been looking at the Irish Setter Vaprtrek as well as the Under Armour Brow Tines, but wanted to get the community's feedback on these two as well as any others you suggest. Thanks in advance for the help/feedback.

MyHrly

Six Pointer
Ive got Lacrosse Rubber Boots for Warmer Days and Rocky Arctics for the Late Season, Ive got Narrow feet and I had to Try Several Pairs, I Like the way the Lacrosse Boots Stretch to get Your Heel in the Boot. Muck Boots are Super Nice Too but I Couldn't find a Pair that Fit,

Badcompany15

I really like my muck boots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rc187

Six Pointer
I have the Irish setter vaprtrek actually have two pairs now. Bought a pair last year for hunting and after wearing them a few times bought another pair to wear around they are hands down the best boots I have ever owned extremely comfortable. Doesn't matter whether your doing a long sit in a tree stand or hiking. I just got back from the mountains and hiked 6 miles one day with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Drewnjnc

I have the Irish setter vaprtrek actually have two pairs now. Bought a pair last year for hunting and after wearing them a few times bought another pair to wear around they are hands down the best boots I have ever owned extremely comfortable. Doesn't matter whether your doing a long sit in a tree stand or hiking. I just got back from the mountains and hiked 6 miles one day with no issues.

I've read some mixed reviews on their water tightness. So you haven't had any issues?

Rc187

Six Pointer
I've read some mixed reviews on their water tightness. So you haven't had any issues?
Not at all man and I have pushed the limits in them the big hike I just got done with had about 28 creek crossings and my feet were bone dry.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Ive got a set of lacrosse snake boots that are great, once broken in that is.

Drewnjnc

Not at all man and I have pushed the limits in them the big hike I just got done with had about 28 creek crossings and my feet were bone dry.

Thanks RC!

wl704

Ten Pointer
I like my Danner Pronghorns.

When I was shopping for them I went to some big box outdoor retailers and tried a bunch on for size (some brands run a bit bigger/smaller), comfort, etc. Once I had my short list I shopped around online and found a good deal. Process world's regardless of the brand/model...

redbow

Ten Pointer
I've been wearing muck rangers for couple years now and have been very pleased. Just bought another pair at bass pro on sale for $89

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
LaCrosse Alpha Burley's ! With good pair of wicking socks underneath merino wool when it gets colder.

Last edited:

VikingsFan8178

I bought the Under Armour Brow Tines. I have worn them twice and they required NO BREAK IN. Felt like a pair of boots that I have been wearing for a long time. Walked for hours in them too. I like the fact that they are lighter than my other boots too. Based on what I know right now, I'd say BUY THEM. The only thing I don' know is how they will perform on the coldest days but we'll find out in a few months.

Guybo

Eight Pointer
I like the Muck wetlanders and have been wearing them for several years now. They are very comfortable and keep your feet dry and the quality seems to be very good as I haven't had any problems with them tearing or coming apart.

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
Polypropylene sock liners, merino wool socks and muck boots. That is the best investment that I have ever made!

the sarge

Six Pointer
I settled on the vaprtreks myself. I just sent them back to bass pro because they were a half size to small(my fault) but other then my toes touching with my heavy socks on they felt really comfy and light. I was also looking at the UA boots but I have low arches and wide feet. The vaprtreks fit me better.

Last edited:

clp311

For me, I don't go near my spots without my snake boots. Red-head from Bass Pro. I just bought a pair of rocky insulated boots for the winter when the belly crawlers go underground.

DOEKILLER

Eight Pointer
Heck I wear a pair of rocky work boots haha I hunt in those late season no insulation or nothin talk about some cold feet. 2 pair of thermal socks help sometimes though haha