Paw Paws!

rustvyper

Ten Pointer
28bc8521898e06e1e6abe0c50022abac.jpg

Kids are stuffing their faces right now. Most of this fruit will drop by now opener, but I've generally had good success hunting them the first week.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Gotta get to the river now, I love those things!
I didn't know that deer ate them though, learn something new every day

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Are these highly sought after by the deer? I wasn't sure what they were but I just googled paw paw fruit and it looks exactly like what i've been seeing in a thicket along the creek and in the area of one of my food plots this year. I have the most deer activity in this area but never saw where they had chewed on one of these fruits. Might have to look closer on my next visit.

rustvyper

Ten Pointer
Are these highly sought after by the deer? I wasn't sure what they were but I just googled paw paw fruit and it looks exactly like what i've been seeing in a thicket along the creek and in the area of one of my food plots this year. I have the most deer activity in this area but never saw where they had chewed on one of these fruits. Might have to look closer on my next visit.

That's cuz soon as they hit the ground they disappear! Deer are waiting on them half the time.
Unfortunately they are always mostly done by opener.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Nice.

I haven't seen any paw paws up high in the mountains. I'm sure they are around.

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
My Dad took my boys to a Paw Paw festival last Saturday. They didn't like the taste of them too good, but had a good time.

I've never came across any of them before in the wild.

Sent from wherever I was at the time...