RoboCup- West Texas Investors Club

apexhunter

Ten Pointer
I've been looking for a decent dual cup/can holder to mount on the windshield rail of my CC boat and had seen the RoboCup advertised here & there. Even considering a can in a foam hugger (AKA koozie) won't fit and you'd have to use a thinner stretch hugger it appeared to be solid and something that would stay put in semi rough conditions. But for some reason last night the wife and I watched the West Texas Investors Club show (basically a Shark Tank like show where a couple of rich Texas rednecks invest in entrepreneurs' business ventures) and the inventor of the RoboCup was on.

He is an arrogant :donk:donk:donk that couldn't sell ice to a man burning in Hell and he basically insulted not only the "investors" but all of the local prospective customers while attempting to garner their cash to further his business. I thought it was interesting that somebody in dire need of cash could and would be such a rude idiot in light of the investors' initial desire to throw $300k at his venture. Long story short even if the product was great I wouldn't buy one after seeing the person behind the product and I am still searching for a good vertical rail mount cup holder for the boat (preferably a stainless steel version)...any ideas?

TexasWalker

Again, I'm sorry if I offended anyone and both the shows stars are now my friends.

ARTICLE 10/18/2015: http://www.oaoa.com/inthepipeline/features/article_61fe65f0-74e3-11e5-8e72-371a2a450c53.html
"The contestants go through a casting crew. While the West Texas investors do invest, there is a little more vetting and outside help than the show suggests. And the “club” house is really a building in Stanton where Gilliam says he has never set foot inside. In short, it’s TV."

RoboCup is available on Amazon Prime and has stellar reviews: http://www.amazon.com/RoboCup-Paten...p/B00CRGKCJO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

[video=youtube;XCAcsnofP70]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCAcsnofP70[/video]

Respectfully, AJZ President & Inventor of RoboCup

Attachments

• Boat 2.jpg
    Boat 2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 0
  • BOAT 1 w logo.jpg
    BOAT 1 w logo.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Tree Stand w logo.jpg
    Tree Stand w logo.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Sunset.jpg
    Sunset.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Seat pedestal - black logo.JPG
    Seat pedestal - black logo.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

apexhunter

Ten Pointer
I wasn't offended at all and I totally understand the "edited for TV" and the positive/negative affects this can have from both sides. I totally get the angle from which the show is intended to portray and that selective editing can totally change a person's appearance. Was the shooting up of the cup holders a proper thing to do? No, it was intended to dramatize a strange situation. Was the reaction of that action fairly typical of someone that poured their heart into said product? Absolutely. Were both sides of the story properly and fairly represented in the show? Absolutely Not. Were my conclusions probably biased due to the editing and being able to see a small portion of just 1 side of the argument and some comments and actions portrayed out of context? Possibly so. But these explanations still do not completely offset the manor in which the entrepreneur carried himself and reacted to less than positive comments and actions.

Again, I wasn't and am still not offended but more like disappointed in the personality portrayed on the show. Not trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill but people buy from people and when given the chance to see the kind of person representing a product they can draw their own conclusions...and being in sales for going on 30 years I can attest to and have made a career from the fact that one has but a single chance to make a first impression, period.

Last edited:

JJ260

Six Pointer
I use these on both my boats and have not found anything else that compares to how well they work!!!!

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

TexasWalker

God bless America!

Attachments

• Vet 4.jpg
    Vet 4.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

TexasWalker

Here is a holiday promo code for the RoboCup for $5 off on Amazon. ROBO5OFF valid until 12-25-2015

Happy Holidays to all!