Field & Stream Greensboro

Cripplecreek

Six Pointer
Anybody have an idea when the new Field & Stream in Greensboro will open. I can't find anything googling it & the company website doesn't say anything. My wife said it looked pretty close when she was out that way this week.

treein dixie

Twelve Pointer
Field And Stream in Wake county has better sale prices than Bass Pro and Cabelas or Gander its been the go to place.

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
I cant wait for it to open. They finally linked our our stores to where we can get employee discounts....I think I'll be spending too much money soon....

Maverick9110e

The one they opened in Wake County is very well done with fair prices for a big box store. Actually like it better than Bass pro, even a little better than cabelas.

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Yeah I've been impressed with f&s, decent prices & selection.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I cant wait for it to open. They finally linked our our stores to where we can get employee discounts....I think I'll be spending too much money soon....

I remember you posting about some issues at your DSG store. Are you looking to work at F&S?

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
Zombie they wouldn't let you transfer over? I know some of the dicks employees around apex and holly springs that worked in the hunting and fishing department transfered to the FS store when it opened.

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
I hope they have a good salt water (inshore/surf) fishing selection. No one around this part of the state has a selection worth a crap.

double

Twelve Pointer
Why would a place 150 miles from salt water sell salt water gear. Be kinda like selling snow skis at the beach

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
Why would a place 150 miles from salt water sell salt water gear. Be kinda like selling snow skis at the beach

Because there are more people that live 150 miles or more from the coast that fish at the coast than, live and fish at the coast. Since when did it become a requirement to live at the coast in order to fish at the coast??

Maverick9110e

The FS in Morrisville has about 3-4 short isles of salt water tackle.

double

Twelve Pointer
Not a requirement but i would assume that the store space would be more profitable selling an item that is used locally.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i sure wish jep's (DD) wife was coming this weekend instead of jep. :)

dem swamp gator boys are a hoot i bet.

anyway what is the format of the store, gander mt, poor man's cabela's or what?

is it only blood sports or do they do other stuff.

drhunter1

Four Pointer
There's a new one opening today in Asheville but I can't find any products on their website. I just want to see what they may have and the prices before I go to the store.

Maverick9110e

Cabelas but a little smaller in overall size. Prices are at or better than cabelas in my limited experience.