So who has had the dreaded kidney stones????

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah threads like this makes me hurt and scares me. I have had two friends in the past who suffered badly with kidney stones, one of them is deceased now..I remember one day my fishing buddy was on his bed bend over double with a kidney stone. His nephew came in and saw him and broke out laughing, look at ole Sam over there all bent out of shape. That very next week ole Tommy Sam's nephew was on his bed bend out of shape with a stone and Tommy had to be cut to remove his it was so big. Tommy didn't laugh at Sam anymore after his bout with the stone..

Last edited:

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
I've had at least 12, the pain is off the chart with most of them. A friend told me to take a bee pollen pill once a day, I have been taking
one for about ten years and have not had one since.

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My buddy had a stone in the last couple of months. Went to the ER, they did a CAT scan. He found out that he has a growth inside of his kidney. They are planning to remove his kidney December 1. They don't think it's cancerous, but they can't 100% tell him now. they did tell him, that if it is cancerous, that the kidney stone saved his life.

that's the only positive thing I have ever heard about a kidney stone....I have passed 36 or 38 cant remember... biggest has been 5.5mm......they suck....Flomax really helps me to relax in order for them to move, along with a ton of beer and a diet coke

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
The joy and fun of stones.......

Wait for them to start sticking tubes inside your tube to pull them out.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
not all stones show up in scans. depends where they are.

Yep I have had many and they show on the screen you hold when you piss but not on the scan.
But they still tear the crap out of you.
I think they counted 25 on time.

You got to drink and drink again.
My doc made orders for me to drink beer.... At least 6 to 12 when I get stones.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
never, but my wife has had a bunch....very painful for her....some required surgery....she's a church going gal, taught sunday and bible school.....only time I've heard her curse.....

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Had 5 or 6 when i was 4-7 years old. Most folks dont believe it, but i had the dye injections and scans to prove it. I was too young to understand the pain. I had times when i would have abdominal pain and drop to the floor. I thought it was normal life. Still wont drink mellow yellow. I was convinced it was hurting me.

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
get the doc to give you a shot of torodol will ease pain in minutes had to have surgery last year very painful!!

Odd that you posted this. This afternoon I went in to see my doctor, yesterday she said if the pain had not improved she would give me a shot of Steroids. So today I go in and I drop my pants to get not one shot, but 2 shots. The second shot was Torodol, amazing drug. I am feeling the best I have felt in 1 week.

They also sent me to have some more X-Rays of my lower back to see why I am still hurting since I do not have any Kidney Stones.

Last edited:

samuelrp

Eight Pointer
After shockwave lithotripsy, a small part of a large stone remaining decided to come out. Still drugged from the procedure, I was on the floor at the Drs office, flopping around like a fish out of water, throwing up, begging for help, even though I had taken a tylox, had a shot of toradol and phernagan. When it passed, I was instantaneously better. I've had cancer, broken bones, bleeding ulcers from medicine, shoulder surgery and other assorted crap, but kidney stones are the worst. Good luck.

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
I used to piss tiny ones out on a regular basis years ago but sine I get gout so often I have so much acid in my system it keeps them destroyed...

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
As of today, my son doesn't have to take Flomax anymore. He did get a referral to a nephrologist to see what was causing his stones.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I had one. Even think it was a small one. That was years ago and every time I feel a little funny in the stomach and back a sense of dread comes over me. Like others have said, no position I could get in made it feel much better.