Did your plots survive?

ncnat

Ten Pointer
After all this rain did anybody's plots get washed out?

I got 5 and they all made it. Had they of been planted a week or two later I would not have been so lucky as the water left both creeks where I have two plots. Now if it will just dry up, I got 3 more to plant.

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
I have 3 plots, checked then Sunday and they all look good. Deer are already eating the oats.

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
Mine is fine,,, mostly well established and the bare spots are all covered in 1/4th inch high new clover now,,,,

25contender

Twelve Pointer
I am planting this weekend as we never had a chance before the rain started. Wheat oats and clover are going in Saturday.

deerslyr30-06

Old Mossy Horns
Mine are still doing good. The rain helped greatly and now just need them to get some sunlight. The peas haven't done a whole lot but I think they just need more sunlight.

rustvyper

Ten Pointer
I've got a big puddle in a new one we cut this year. Guess I'll be moving some dirt around in it next summer...[emoji19]
The clover should walk into it fairly easy once it drains.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Mine look great. They are soggy and muddy, but are doing fine.

The deer don't seem to be hitting them hard even with multiple stages of fresh oats, clover, rye, etc. I think they are really sucking up whatever acorns have fallen at the moment (we don't have many) and should transition more to plots in a week or two.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Checked mine again today, looks like they made it.

43f074d290e58466fdbf5a70789d8681.jpg

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Looked at one we planted earlier, it looks great.
The radishes may have been buried by the hard rains and they don't look as good as usual.
158d1d241482000c36261fec35fa806f.jpg

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Nice looking spot Eric.
Thanks..RedEye worked hard at clearing it that plot to almost twice as big as last year.
The little mineral lick I started there a few months ago has exploded, I was very pleased with the results so far.
I just put a camera on it yesterday, can't wait to see what's leaving all the sign.
I sat close to it last evening and saw 6 total, no antlered bucks.

Buckshot1

Twelve Pointer
mine look great, gonna fertilize once more to get a little pre-gun season jump in foliage and green things up a little more.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Mine looks pretty good, chicory is doing great. Clover is growing just fine but its a little thin. I have read to expect that with the 1st planting and it will come on strong this spring.

8aae5cde440ebf3be59483433679f046.jpg

Last edited: