Got one today....

ditchbank

Banned
Saw this deer yesterday morning in a field. He ran off with all the other deer so I did some research at the house and found out who farms it and luckily it's a farmer I know...he told me to go hunt it and kill all of them..lol. I contacted landowner also who said if the farmer said it was ok, it was fine with him.
Set my ground blind yesterday evening and hunted him, 6 deer showed up but he didn't...they didn't like my blind either, as it was stuck out in the open. They didn't run off they would just eat and stare, eat and stare.
So this morning I moved the blind to a better spot and really brushed it in.
5fb2fa3b0f64e685577be8dd173d898e.jpg

Put up a trail camera out there and bag of corn to get them to get in front of camera more. Came home got supper ready and got back to ground blind about 5:45...well at 6:30 he walks right out at 145yrds. I watched him for while contemplating shooting him. I got this new muzzleloader and really been wanting to shoot it. Finally decided to take him at 145yrds, which I was comfortable with doing, BUT I forgot my shooting sticks and had to use the wobbling edge of the blind to brace on...end result came out well but almost a clean miss...shot hit him dead in the spine....he didn't flinch after the shot and was DRT....embarrassing shot but whatever...here he is.
e207c2be979133db99c1efa9b63d8ed4.jpg

a177ac2f5024e336cdc7ea56d1c227ba.jpg

49afc01689f6f169be5e65cdee803041.jpg

I have small thumbs!!

Last edited:

ditchbank

Banned
Congrats. Any idea on his weight? Looks to be really big bodied.

No idea but I needed help loading him...guess it's cause I'm so short I couldn't reach down and grab him...lol...
Really he was one of the heavier deer I have killed.

I have small thumbs!!

Avery Taxidermy

Very nice buck. Good story. Good hunting ethics. Good all the way around.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
very nice buck, way to adapt and overcome. Nice shot as well, that new ML really paid off.