Any idea what this "square" looking spot is on this Doe? ( 2 photos )

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Mama Doe waiting at the back door yesterday and after I took the photo I noticed something new on her
( ignore right hip scar...apparently hit by a car spring of 2014, also had her left front leg broken )

The question is in this photo...can't for the life of me figure out what this "square" looking area is high up in front of her right ham...have dozens of photos of this particular Doe and that little square spot is recent...no drainage or discoloration, just a square spot that looks like it has some straight edges

Last edited:

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
Alien abduction ? [emoji89]
I have no idea

That's weird, pretty cool the way you have been able to keep track of her.

Sent from wherever I was at the time.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I wonder if it's a scar from the old car injury that's just now showing.

Either that, or somebody's branding deer!

Dan Apple

Old Mossy Horns
Nicotine patch..... evidently she's trying to quit smoking....??

Could also be...charging port and that's really a robo deer that the CIA has been using to spy on you....

Most likely,,,, at some point she scraped two vertical lines in her side on a fence or something.... and the horizontal parts of the square you see are due to hair patterns affected by the scars

Last edited:

mikep7m10

Six Pointer
It's so precise that it is obviously a surgical scar. It's where the terrorists implanted a bomb! RUN!!

Deerherder

Ten Pointer
I would guess it's sort of like bed head. A tangle of branches or piece of fencing wherever she was laying before she moved to feed left an impression in her hair. That, or the deer farm got her & that's their brand.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Car mirror
A car mirror as in almost being hit by a car ?
Interesting possibility...looks awfully square to me though...most car mirrors have a smooth aerodynamic shape to them.
And given that its tucked inside / past the outer dimension of her ham, seems like there would have been a larger damage area, no?

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Most likely,,,, at some point she scraped two vertical lines in her side on a fence or something.... and the horizontal parts of the square you see are due to hair patterns affected by the scars

Maybe tried to jump a fence and failed, came down on top of a metal fence post?

Dan Apple

Old Mossy Horns
Maybe tried to jump a fence and failed, came down on top of a metal fence post?

could be..... also take into consideration that her hair now is way diff than her hair in Aug.... this is longer and will not lay as flat so if there is a scar is would actually show more than before.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
could be..... also take into consideration that her hair now is way diff than her hair in Aug.... this is longer and will not lay as flat so if there is a scar is would actually show more than before.

No sign of anything August 2, 2015

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
It's from being mounted by a buck....her rear is already been violated.... his 2 dew claws dug in right there......it's science.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
It's from being mounted by a buck....her rear is already been violated.... his 2 dew claws dug in right there......it's science.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

thattaa boy Mo. glad to see you back to your old form.

that's really your best post ever.:)

Buckshot1

Twelve Pointer
Maybe she Bedded under a black walnut tree and one of those sogged up from all the wet weather fell, hit her and left the "black dye" from the hull on her. That's all I got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justhunt

Six Pointer
Contributor
Any idea what this "square" looking spot is on this Doe? ( 2 photos )

No idea.

Last edited:

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well, some interesting ideas...I'll keep an eye on it whenever I get a chance and see if anything develops further.

I've seen a big ole dominant Doe run Mama Doe off a couple times and Mama Doe is scared of her...wondered if that mark might have come from that big Doe's hard jab or something...probably never know what caused it

Last edited:

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
She was just at the back door again...that square patch looking thing is completely gone.
Smooth and normal looking, it must have just been hair roughed up from a shrub, branch, fence, or whatever...