Votes: 66 79.5%
  • landowners/farmers

Votes: 7 8.4%

• Total voters

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
that's not a grapevine,,,,that's my elk snare,,,,wonder why they were messing around my trapline,,,,,,,,

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
They are in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park but they are rarely on the adjoining national forests...............

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They are in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park but they are rarely on the adjoining national forests...............
Now it is rarely, before they were all on private land. LMAO You have telemetry collars on them and monitor them from the bat cave?

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Now it is rarely, before they were all on private land. LMAO You have telemetry collars on them and monitor them from the bat cave?

They aren't staying there though. Nice try.

Now if they find their way to the Needmore Game Lands, they might stick around. :)

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They aren't staying there though. Nice try.

Now if they find their way to the Needmore Game Lands, they might stick around. :)
The nice try is you acting like you know where everyone of them are at all times. They go where the preferred food is at any given time.

jscar

Four Pointer
Harmon Den and the Max Patch area of Haywood county have elk on national forest lands.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Arkansas teen scores big bull elk

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/conway-teen-scores-bull-during-elk-hunt

PRUITT, Ark. (News Release) – Tyler Bostic, a 15-year-old from Conway, scored big during the first weekend of youth elk hunting in Arkansas.

Bostic scored with a 6x6 bull elk on Bearcat Hollow Wildlife Management Area in Searcy County.

Another 15-year-old from Newport, Braiden Burzynski, took his 6x5 elk on Gene Rush Wildlife Management area in Newton County.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Harmon Den and the Max Patch area of Haywood county have elk on national forest lands.

As I undestand it the elk seen there are just transients passing through but the Forest Service wants to cut and manage 200 acres to keep them there.

You would know better than I but thats what I got from the Forest Service.

Last edited:

moosemike

How many Elk reside in NC? And is there a hunting season?

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Those things are getting so much media there will never be a hunting season. Between the tourist trap value and the tree huggers when it comes time PETA will be so firmly embedded IF they start the wheels going toward thinning them out they will keep them tied up in court forever, it will never fly. Write that down.

Last edited:

Hunter10

Another good thread CRC. The Elk are indeed popular and are getting more popular each year. Perhaps we can transform this popularity into elk spreading into the Smokey, Blue Ridge, South, Iron and Unaka Mountains.