VIDEO - 10/5 Doe

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This is a video of a doe I shot on Monday. This was just on the backside of that big rain front. Due to an awkward camera setup and deer location, I had to film this one with the camera arm all the way out over my right shoulder and the viewfinder turned 180 degrees facing forward. It's kind of tricky to film backwards over your shoulder.

I also picked up a Nockturnal lighted knock to try out just for kicks. Works well, especially when trying to review shot placement on low light video.

[video=youtube;JB5In2a3Fq4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB5In2a3Fq4[/video]

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
nice,,,,I watched the arrow sequence a dozen times,,,,always amazes me how fast that all works,,,,,

what kind of camera?? cool how you had it zoomed in,,,nice work,,,,

I may try that one day

Plumpy38

Great shot! And good video!

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

buzzcut29

Anyone know why these you tube links never work for me on my iPhone? I can watch YouTube fine.... Just not the links...

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thanks guys. woodmoose, it's a Canon. Nothing special, but it's on a fluid head and I got an external mic for it a couple years ago. Mainly for turkey season. :)

It's certainly challenging at times, and is a pain to fool with at times, but when it all comes together, it's a great way to capture a hunt. Part of the reason, I started videoing several years ago was to be able to show my family the deer I DIDN'T shoot.

The quality (sharpness) is incredible when the camera is plugged straight into the TV via HDMI, but it loses a lot by the time it makes it on here.

Last edited: