Good Time With The Fish Today

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
The Wife and I fished the turning basin at Morehead City again today and caught a bunch of nice Sea Mullet. Fresh fish again for supper tonight and the rest go in the freezer...Lots of fine folks fishing and catching as well...Incoming tide was good but the outgoing tide was even better. The NW wind didn't keep them from biting and I usually stay home when its blowing from that direction....A bit chilly out this morning but warmed up a bit as the Sun got higher...Get on out there and get the fish while you can..We caught a few nice Croakers as well...

Dan in NC

Eight Pointer
Contributor
My daughter and son in law staying a few days (Thur,Fri,Sat) at Oceania and pier fish any info from there?

23mako

Ten Pointer
Nice report FF. I am heading offshore tomorrow and hopefully will have a report to post. Those sea mullet are mighty fine eating. Much better than fried flounder IMO.

Dan, have never heard much good about fishing at the Oceanana Pier. I believe the beach renourishment projects have kind of messed up the fishing there. However, there are still plenty of public places to fish down that way. Fort Macon is right down the beach and mullet can be caught near the coast guard station there.

http://www.ncoif.com/fiishin-the-fort-macon-by-dr-bogus/

http://www.ncangler.com/forums/threads/8018-Parking-and-fishing-at-Fort-Macon

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Mako I hope the wind doesn't mess up your fishing trip tomorrow..Last report I saw today was 15-20 knots but isn't blowing that hard here yet. We decided not to go back to Morehead this morning because of the wind report..Good luck fishing offshore tomorrow..

23mako

Ten Pointer
Ended up staying close to the beach and got one king and lose one in the downrigger cable. Way too rough to run offshore. Hopefully the mullet will hang around for a few more weeks.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Ended up staying close to the beach and got one king and lose one in the downrigger cable. Way too rough to run offshore. Hopefully the mullet will hang around for a few more weeks.

Darn, sorry about the wind and its so pretty today. Tomorrow is suppose to be pretty also we are going back to the turning basin in the A.M. Glad you got the one King though...