Best Day Yet

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Fishing the Morehead City Turning Basin...We caught Bluefish, Trout, Puffers, Sea Mullet, Pigfish, Black Sea Bass 3 short Flounder and Croakers. The Sea Mullet were some of the biggest we have caught this year..We got into the blues out at the mouth of Beaufort Inlet and had a blast catching them..Most averaged about 12 inches long. We kept 10 of them for supper, Bluefish fillets they were delicious..

We brought home 47 fish in all, 2 Gray Trout, 28 Sea Mullet, 10 Bluefish, 4 Puffers and 3 Croaker...A nice mess of fish for the freezer and for sharing with some folks up in Johnston County..Nice northerly breeze just a slight chop on the water all day...A bit cool to start with but by 10 A.M. it was nice out there.. We put a bunch of fish back for another day....Go catch 'em up...

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats on a good meat run. I see where some very nice flounder have been caught off the port wall with live bait lately.

23mako

Ten Pointer
I'll be honest I believe I would rather eat a sea mullet fried than flounder. They are some of the tastiest fish that swim. Great job FF.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
I'll be honest I believe I would rather eat a sea mullet fried than flounder. They are some of the tastiest fish that swim. Great job FF.

Yeah its hard to beat the ole Sea Mullet for eating..And they freeze well...