Great weekend fishing

NickP

Ten Pointer
Headed down to Jacksonville to see my brother with my dad Friday night to fish the weekend. Dads first trip out in a long time and his first time out on my new to me boat.

Headed out of cedar point and towards Emerald Isle. Was cutting the wind by 6:15 saturday and started working a bank I haven't fished looking for trout and started out bad by hitting the trolling motor on an oyster bed and breaking my prop. Anyway decided to drift down the back and 5 casts in my dad hooked his first trout.
The weight was off my shoulders and things were turning around. Decided to anchor up and fish the area for a while we ended up catching 18 fish in that sport but most were all spikes. Moved down the bank a bit same caught a bunch more spikes. Ended up heading back to the original spot for the outgoing tide and ended up with 2 keeper trout and surprised by my first gray trout. Also a keeper.

Sunday was the same just no wind so we were cutting glass by 6:15 and fishing topwater before sunrise. Me and my brother both landed our first too water specs. Which was awesome and dad had a blast with us. Ended with somewhere around 70 fish Sunday but only 2 keeper gray trout. Blue fish were thick and fun to mix things up.
Dad was having a ball at one point and throwing anything he could find in the tackle box on!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447726520.895224.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447726534.529495.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447726546.813653.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1447726557.948109.jpg

Last edited:

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
I see a few for fillets, nice work. Loads of spikes out there but still some nice fish out there also. Just have to keep hammering and hope for the best.

We fished last week and caught a load of specks. We did limit out, 2 people, on Wed and THursday with some nice fish.