Cedar rub pics

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
Last winter I cut all the lower branches off of a lone cedar in the hardwoods that's 20yds from one of my stands in hopes of encouraging bucks to rub it. The trunk is about 4" in diameter. Earlier in Oct I noticed it had been hit so iput a camera on it. What I got on camera surprised me a bit. I always knew that big deer would rub small trees, but never expected this little guy to be tearing up a big cedar....Cool pics I thought.
0d9c81434f6d3fb8b9f630bf93f5ce2d.jpg

f8564ca171cb56db71d091c2a65cf946.jpg

4030829b6995795385415254070a62df.jpg

35947235d9c3d54b4e04cde3d2aca195.jpg

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
Seen a video of a cowhorn going to town on a telephone pole....they rub all sizes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Sometimes they take a liking to deer archery targets. I have a coworker who has had his target in the backyard tossed about twice this year. The deer target even has small puncture wounds in it.

Last edited:

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yeah you never know. I had a big cedar tree like that rubbed raw one year and I killed a Huge 4ptr that was using it. Deer was 3 1/2 yrs old and looked more like a reindeer. Weighed almost 200 pounds. Heaviest deer I have ever killed and it was here in Harnett county.

getTwisted

Ten Pointer
That is pretty crazy. I bet there will be other bucks hitting it, but its hard to believe that little guy is rubbing that big tree. lol

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Last winter I cut all the lower branches off of a lone cedar in the hardwoods that's 20yds from one of my stands in hopes of encouraging bucks to rub it. The trunk is about 4" in diameter. Earlier in Oct I noticed it had been hit so iput a camera on it. What I got on camera surprised me a bit. I always knew that big deer would rub small trees, but never expected this little guy to be tearing up a big cedar....Cool pics I thought.
0d9c81434f6d3fb8b9f630bf93f5ce2d.jpg

f8564ca171cb56db71d091c2a65cf946.jpg

4030829b6995795385415254070a62df.jpg

35947235d9c3d54b4e04cde3d2aca195.jpg

if you will "start" the rubs yourself (i use a large hand prune blade). you can get them to add to it pretty easily.

fun shots you have, any bigger deer on camera?

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
if you will "start" the rubs yourself (i use a large hand prune blade). you can get them to add to it pretty easily.

fun shots you have, any bigger deer on camera?
No other bucks have rubbed the tree since I put a camera on it. I have pics of much bigger deer walking past it but they didn't stop

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The cameras don't show everything. I watched a decent 8 pointer for 15 minutes in front of a moultrie camera a week or so ago. When I pulled the card, it had a picture of him coming in and one as he was leaving, that's all. I've had similar experiences with other cameras.

BASSFAN07

Twelve Pointer
The cameras don't show everything. I watched a decent 8 pointer for 15 minutes in front of a moultrie camera a week or so ago. When I pulled the card, it had a picture of him coming in and one as he was leaving, that's all. I've had similar experiences with other cameras.

junk cam

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I took a video in Ohio of a spike rubbing a much bigger cedar than that one, he was going to town on it and seemed awfully proud of himself.
I can't say , of course, how many others helped him whittle down that big 'ol cedar, but it was fun to watch.