redfish

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
caught my first redfish down in Louisiana this past weekend on a shrimp tipped jig,,,,,,,,,a blast and will be better eating! It was crazy,,,,,the shrimp were running hard and the gar were mixed in,,,,so we'd cast net and catch shrimp, pogie, and a 5-10 lb gar all in the same throw!

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That place will absolutely ruin you for reds, yes they are reds down there, not drum LOL. Been out with some of my hunting buddies and they are thick.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats, reds are a blast to catch and even better on the table... red nuggets.....:)

My buddy made a cast for bait and ended up with 6 gar in the net about 30 inches each....tore the net up trying to get them out. Flipping an flopping their teeth were tangled bad.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
A friend of mine and his Son have been catching some big Reds just beyond the surf some more than a yard long..They are fishing from a boat..

LeGrande

I was introduced to reds when I was stationed in Louisiana. Pretty fair to say you would catch your limit of five every time you go out. I miss it.

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
Louisiana is absolutely the best red fishing. I hooked up on a 37" bull red that ruined me to any other kind of fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Louisiana is absolutely the best red fishing. I hooked up on a 37" bull red that ruined me to any other kind of fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fellow that I went with had caught one the day before,,,,36 3/4",,,,,dang nice fish,,,,,,,

Mechanic Bob

Eight Pointer
We have fished out of LA, just North of Venice and it was great. Just like anywhere else, the weather can make it or break it.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
This is what we fish for on the lower Neuse River around the Oriental area starting in mid August thru early October. That is Trigger22 and myself, doubled up with light tackle... with DOA Popping Corks and Airheads.

BullRedcorks_zps47671895.jpg

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Next year, you got it. My regular fishing buddy lives in Raeford, near the Raeford airport, retired SF guy also.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
caught my first redfish down in Louisiana this past weekend on a shrimp tipped jig,,,,,,,,,a blast and will be better eating! It was crazy,,,,,the shrimp were running hard and the gar were mixed in,,,,so we'd cast net and catch shrimp, pogie, and a 5-10 lb gar all in the same throw!

if i could get to them as easy as i can bass: i could not possibly find time to work.

dumb and tough, the way fish need to be.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I used to Saltwater fish a lot back in the 80's and early 90's. now it is just usually 2 trips a year or so for spanish or blues but I made 4 trips this fall. 2 for spanish and blues and 1 for Drum and 1 for trout. I didnt catch any drum so I have been Drumless since the 80's but my good friend caught this one. I caught 2 big skates :eek: and had 1 good run . He is a Big drum expert and catches em like this all the time. I will make a bunch of trips next sept, oct, and nov,

DSCF3704.jpg

Last edited:

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Best I ever caught was was a 46"er just out from Portsmouth Village in the sound. We had four monsters on at the same time and thankfully one came off, otherwise we'd have had a heck of a time boating and tagging all four. The three we did boat were 2 each at 46" and a 47".