Another accident

rangerxp

Eight Pointer
One can never be to careful with a firearm .
Someone in the presents of another with a firearm can never be to careful .
Know how to properly handle a firearm and make certain those around you do also .
Make every attempt to keep a firearm from discharging unless your certain of the path of the projectile .

May GOD bless all those involved !

Harpoon

As bad as all hunting accidents are, when a child or teen is involved it just rips your heart out.

My condolences to his family and friends.

biggins

There is no such thing as an accidental shooting. it is very unfortunate for this person. He had his entire life ahead of him. Prayers and thoughts be with his family and loved ones.

Last edited:

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
I don't think I've put this on here before but will now. A local grandfather took his 13 year old grandson dove hunting. Doc was sitting on a 5 gallon bucket. Doc raised his gun to shoot a dove and as he pulled the trigger to shoot his grandson stood up and was shot in to back of the head. The boy lived for a couple of days. That was the day Doc "died" , too. Red Neck Rocker has probably seen the boys dad and may not know what happened. When I've gone to the "large" dove hunts I've watched from my truck or somewhere distant to see how many fools are in the field before I get in the field. One time I drove to a back corner where I knew some friends were and just hung out. I did this because I saw 2 guys about 6 ft apart with one standing and the other sitting on a bucket and the one on the bucket swept the guys head and fired, another knocked a bird down which fluttered back up about chest high and the guy shot at it with the next line of guys behind it, and a guy with his 10 year old son and lab had his lab burned. It could have been him, or worse his son. He showed me the bruises on the dog by running his hand over the dog to expose his skin. Some people don't need to be around others when they are armed. Not saying that about Doc cause it was a terrible accident.

Last edited:

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
A few years ago I went to a local pay field, walked down across a big pasture to a gap in the tree line in hopes of getting some shots at birds coming through the gap. Not much was going on but after a while every time I saw a distant bird crossing the pasture headed for a neighboring sunflower field it sounded like a war broke out up toward the road. Too hot to put up with the heat and lack of birds I started back to my car and when I got to where I could see the road there were at least 20 guns lined up just inside the fence spaced sometimes no more than 30 yds. apart and every dove that came along had to run the gauntlet. Not surprisingly, nearly every one made it to the other side unscathed. I loaded up and drove by them on the way home and believe it or not, there were two guys sitting in chairs under a big camouflage beach umbrella while right beside them was an attractive blond in a blue bikini sunbathing on a blanket. Needless to say that was the one and only time I ever hunted there.

Uwharrieman

Ten Pointer
While we are thinking about this horrible accident I
would like to pass on something that has made me think
about my eyesight ever since I heard this man speak.

Tony Crow, It's not Just About Me, is from Texas.
He and his son were bird hunting and Tony moved to another
location, his son didn't know this.
The son fired and the shot struck Tony in his face,
blinded forever.
I attended a safety conference (STAR Conference) in Greensboro
several years ago and Tony Crow was the guest speaker.
He walked out to speak, holding on to his guide dog.

Very emotional talk, in the end a pair of safety glasses would of
kept him from being forever blind. You can check him on Youtube
and listen to his story. It pays to take a few minutes and think.

Harpoon

My Fathers best friend in high school was killed by his brother during a hunting accident in Vance County back in the 40's on one of our places.

Squirrel hunting with his brother, following it around a tree and shot.

Sad, tragic accident that prevented his brother from ever hunting again was what I was told.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I can not fathom anything I see in the field or sky, that would make me take a "questionable" shot, or be in a "questionable" set up.

Harpoon

I can not fathom anything I see in the field or sky, that would make me take a "questionable" shot, or be in a "questionable" set up.

Most are of the same mindset, comes with experience, but some people react differently...call it excitement by Adrenalin rush they have never experienced......clear thinking goes away fast.

GotNoRules

Ten Pointer
Our hobbies can be dangerous fellas. Always need these reminders to make us stay vigilant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk