Bummer

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
47de5029b4e024e0206b4a67471a34b9.jpg

Looks like spring 2016 is in jeopardy.

I ruptured my Achilles on Thursday and have an appt with the ortho doc tomorrow to get a better idea on questions regarding surgery, rehab, etc.

It's not looking good for my typical exertions. Fall/winter hunting is over, and I'm real nervous about March, April and May.

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Hate that. Oe of my workers done that last year about same time. It was almost may before they let him put weight on it. Rolled around in one of those scooters. Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
let me know,,,I'll come push you around in wheel chair! can't let a bum Achilles keep you out of the woods next spring!

JFH3006

Ten Pointer
That's not good. I agree roll on out and camo wheel chair and as well as you call it will be a piece of cake

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
You'll have to do like I did 3 years ago when I tore ligament and partial tear in thigh muscle had my buddy set me up blind on field edge I walked to it in crutches with nice comfy chair I was set. Its not the way we like to hunt sucks to not be able to be on move but better than sitting on couch and hearing no gobbles I couldn't stand that sun rising in April and not being somewhere that was public ground I was on to. Good luck in your recovery

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Man that sucks, hope you have a speedy recovery.
If you have to get out there with crutches.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
That's tragic Hal. Give me a shout if I can do anything. If push comes to shove, I can bring you up here and drive you to a ground blind.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
it'll take more than that to keep you out of the spring woods. :)

Listen to the Doctor now so that you dont rush things which would prolong your recovery.

Hoping you heal fast.

Randy

Ten Pointer
Very sorry to this. A co-work of mine had that injury several years ago. It's nothing to take lightly.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
If there is a turkey God of ground blinds and decoys, he has been waiting for this day.

Just kidding Hal. I'm betting you are in the woods opening day.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Yep, keep it easy now so you can at least hobble to a blind. You may not be able to run and gun but a blind is a good choice when you are stove up...:) Good luck, a safe and speedy recovery to you.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Looks like you will be hunting out of a blind maybe.
A lot of turkeys are going to get to live another year... :)
Get well soon

Last edited:

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
Going under the knife tomorrow, and any prayers to guide the doc's hands and to bless my healing would be humbly appreciated.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hoping all goes well with the operation and the recovery so we can read about your exploits in the turkey woods in a few months. I have faith in you!

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
The doc told my wife surgery went well. I wonder what he would say if it didn't.... Anyway, I have been fine and cheerful -till the pain block wore off this morning. Can't get enough pain meds in me at the moment... But this shall pass!

Thanks for the prayers and wishes!

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You will probably still tag out in NC .
Glad everything went well.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I believe you will fare well on your recovery.

having a desire to be able to get after the birds will push that rehab. Utah awaits. :)

Best wishes Hal!

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Good to hear Hal. I called Vegas to put money on you being in the woods opening day but they wouldn't take it.

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
I believe you will fare well on your recovery.

having a desire to be able to get after the birds will push that rehab. Utah awaits. :)

Best wishes Hal!

I can visualize flat land hunting, but am worried about the steep country. But you're right, the desire to go will be motivation to work the rehab right.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah as soon as late March comes around and you start really thinking about daybreak you'll get a creative as need be to be out there. Question is will this kill your western hunting I think that would get me more than the NC