Do you save boxes from Reels?

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
So I was digging in storage and found many old Penn boxes and was getting ready to place some others from reels I have got over the last year or so..

Any of you see a reason to save or store them? The new boxes are cheap vs tge old ones that had wood or metal corners on them.
I know some of tge old Penn boxes bring 20 to 40$ but the new one dont seem worth the effort.
Maybe only shipping if you had a problem with one or sent it off for rebuild....

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
I still have most if not all my old Penn 209's, 350 leveline's, 6/0's, Daiwa SS 2600's, 4000's, 7000's, and Daiwa GS 9's, 15's, and 60's. Most of these reels are at least 30 years old and some are 40years old. I kept the boxes because I never knew when I might need them, then the tools, the lube, and especially the schematics and parts lists. I have them stored in a couple big plastic totes, stuck up in the rafters above the work bench in my storage shed where I keep my fishing gear. Doesn't cost me anything to hang on to them and the boxes and contents have come in handy over the years. I have bought a couple of the new Daiwa BG series reels and I have tossed those boxes into the storage boxes as well, but as you say the older boxes, such as the Penn boxes if they are in decent shape, can bring $20 easy. The new boxes are pretty much made to be thrown away it seems. A correct box also increases resale value in the event of a future sale. Any ways I try to keep the boxes that my reel come in, just like I keep the boxes that my firearms come in.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I still have most if not all my old Penn 209's, 350 leveline's, 6/0's, Daiwa SS 2600's, 4000's, 7000's, and Daiwa GS 9's, 15's, and 60's. Most of these reels are at least 30 years old and some are 40years old. I kept the boxes because I never knew when I might need them, then the tools, the lube, and especially the schematics and parts lists. I have them stored in a couple big plastic totes, stuck up in the rafters above the work bench in my storage shed where I keep my fishing gear. Doesn't cost me anything to hang on to them and the boxes and contents have come in handy over the years. I have bought a couple of the new Daiwa BG series reels and I have tossed those boxes into the storage boxes as well, but as you say the older boxes, such as the Penn boxes if they are in decent shape, can bring $20 easy. The new boxes are pretty much made to be thrown away it seems. A correct box also increases resale value in the event of a future sale. Any ways I try to keep the boxes that my reel come in, just like I keep the boxes that my firearms come in.

1 shot on the 4000 and 7000 are you talking about the "C" models. I have a spare spool still in the box for a 7000c. I like them old Daiwas.

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
Mack, yes they are the old Daiwa Silver Series "C" models. I think I have 8 of the SS 4000C and 5 of the SS 7000C reels.

bhodges93

they’re nice to hold onto in case you need the schems or warranty info