Emerald Isle "point" access

Scalf

Eight Pointer
Where in the world do you park to access the point of Emerald Isle? Drove down today to check it out cause I want to do some fishing out there tomorrow and the only thing I saw was the access point for people with permits to drive on the beach.. I don't have one of those. Is there anywhere to park out there and walk out?
Thanks in advance

workennels

Eight Pointer
On the main road in about 2 blocks before you get to the stop sign the parking area is on the right. A long ways from the access, it sucks.

workennels

Eight Pointer
If I was going to surf fish I would go to the old iron steamer, or a few hundred yards to the right of bogue pier

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
On the main road in about 2 blocks before you get to the stop sign the parking area is on the right. A long ways from the access, it sucks.

Yep, and that's the only access except the two if I remember correctly handicapped access parking spots right close to the point.. You can sit in the parking area late in the afternoon and watch all the Deer that show up just across the street. The Wife and I counted 22 one afternoon in that man's yard, he feeds them...There is a western park and an eastern park where you can fish also...NC has very little beach access for the public and even less on the sound..