2016 Biggest Loser Challenge!

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Well did anyone stick to it? I'm stuck at 240lb, have been in that range for a few months. Still that's about 85 lbs less than a year ago. Pretty good I guess.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I wanted to revive this old thread. I wanted to start back around the New Year in 2016 but I didn't when I started a new job and things got hectic. That only made things worse in terms of my weight. I instead started this past December. I'm down 35lbs in 3 months roughly. I still would like to lose another 30 and get to 220. At 6'5" I think that's a good weight for me and would put me back to what I was in the military. I'm fairly active as it is, so I didn't really need to do much but curtail my diet. Whole foods, half portions, no processed garbage, drinking nothing but water. That did the trick it appears. I feel much better. I was gassing this past hunting season, getting up and down these mountains and I finally had enough of it. I feel better, sleep better and move around better.

I kind of got a chuckle the other day about my 6 year old son being 60lbs (He's tall like me so he's a stick) and how big he is to pick up. My goalweight is essentially shedding what he weighs, except I was carrying it around all the time. It's eye opening.

Last edited:

hrcarver

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Not really actively losing anymore, still eating better, way better than I was 2 years ago. Im right at 230 lb (6'2") from 325 lb Nov 2015. I'd have to cut out my after work beer and mama's occasional pie to get any better. I'd rather be a lil fat than give them up at this point.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
Good to see this thread back up with good news. I am maintaining my 40# loss (213 to 173) and went the doc last week for annual check up. They took obese off my record and all my test results came back good. These are the things I have observed as a result of the loss. No more plantar fasciitis, no low sugar symptoms late morning (shakes, clammy), reduced snoring, no more night time acid reflux. Last year my testosterone was 86 and now it is 227.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Down to 180# over here. Hunting season and crazy work schedule gets all the credit.

That's down from 215# last summer...