2016 Biggest Loser Challenge!

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Last year I lost about 160 pounds. I still have 121 to go.

So I challenge you to join me in this challenge to get more healthy.

Let's keep each other on track!

1/6/16 - 321.

Are you willing to take the challenge?

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
1/6/2016 - 199.

I'm looking for 190 by 3/12 and 185 by Sept. (Ironman 70.3).

I'm healthy. I'm just heavier than I want to lug around.

Last edited:

BASSFAN07

Twelve Pointer
I've been on the wagon for 2/3 months since o got a Fitbit surge. Dropped 10 since I started. Not trying to waste away but rather build muscle and burn goo.

Good luck and I'm in.

1/6/16 - 224

Goals:
212 would get me lower than I've been in 15 years. I haven't been under 205-208 since high school, but I'd like to get to 200. I just like to slowly consistently shed fat and lose weight which I've been doing the past few months. I'm tracking what I eat and hitting the gym almost everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

1/6/16 - 321.

Holly :donk:donk:donk:donk!!

Just how big were you? Ok, nevermind, I can do the math. Congrats on losing that much.
good luck with the rest.

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Holly :donk:donk:donk:donk!!

Just how big were you? Ok, nevermind, I can do the math. Congrats on losing that much.
good luck with the rest.

I think there is a compliment in there somewhere. Thanks!
I have come a long way, but still have a long way to go.

I limit myself to 1800 calories a day and work out 1 hour a day, 5 days a week.
(If you eat healthy it is amazing how much you get to eat for 1800 cal./day!)

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I think there is a compliment in there somewhere. Thanks!
I have come a long way, but still have a long way to go.

I limit myself to 1800 calories a day and work out 1 hour a day, 5 days a week.
(If you eat healthy it is amazing how much you get to eat for 1800 cal./day!)

Did you do all the research yourself or consult a nutritionist?

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I eat a lot more than 1800 cal's/day.

I'm not a nutritionist. But, I use all the swimming, biking and running I do as my caloric deficit, if I'm trying to drop weight.

I'm 6'1"/199 (this morning). I'd starve to death at 1800 cal's/day.

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

1/6/16 - 321.

Congratulations on your achievements. That's amazing. Good luck on the next goal.

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Did you do all the research yourself or consult a nutritionist?

I started out looking into Bariatric Surgery. As part of that plan, they make you jump through a lot of hoops. One of those hoops was meet with a nutritionist. She suggested that I limit myself to 1800 c/d and start exercising. That is how it got started. The first time I went to the Y, I could only ride a stationary bike for 5 minutes. I continued jumping through hoops to have the surgery. Colonoscopy, gal bladder check, Support group meetings. I was waiting to see if my insurance was going to pay for the surgery. As I was waiting for the decision to be made, I did all the other "stuff" and kept up my eating plan and exercise. I got my exercise up to an hour a day three days a week. I was losing about 4 pounds per week. Finally I decided that I was doing well enough losing the weight WITHOUT the surgery, to tell the doctor I am not going to have it. I proceeded to up my workout to 5 times a week and continue to lose weight at almost 4 pounds per week. (I did let myself eat more over the Holidays but continued to work out and gained about 3 pounds.)

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I started out looking into Bariatric Surgery. As part of that plan, they make you jump through a lot of hoops. One of those hoops was meet with a nutritionist. She suggested that I limit myself to 1800 c/d and start exercising. That is how it got started. The first time I went to the Y, I could only ride a stationary bike for 5 minutes. I continued jumping through hoops to have the surgery. Colonoscopy, gal bladder check, Support group meetings. I was waiting to see if my insurance was going to pay for the surgery. As I was waiting for the decision to be made, I did all the other "stuff" and kept up my eating plan and exercise. I got my exercise up to an hour a day three days a week. I was losing about 4 pounds per week. Finally I decided that I was doing well enough losing the weight WITHOUT the surgery, to tell the doctor I am not going to have it. I proceeded to up my workout to 5 times a week and continue to lose weight at almost 4 pounds per week. (I did let myself eat more over the Holidays but continued to work out and gained about 3 pounds.)

Did you get any kinda of physical or cardio work up before you started your exercise program?

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I eat a lot more than 1800 cal's/day.

I'm not a nutritionist. But, I use all the swimming, biking and running I do as my caloric deficit, if I'm trying to drop weight.

I'm 6'1"/199 (this morning). I'd starve to death at 1800 cal's/day.

If you are maintaining 199 with the amount you eat and the amount of exercise you get that is wonderful. My goal is to get to 200. I am almost 6'.
If you eat 1800 cal of protein and veggies you can eat a whole bunch. It's the fat and carbs that add calories fast!

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Did you get any kinda of physical or cardio work up before you started your exercise program?

As big as I was, I have been seeing my GP every 3 months for years. I have also had every stress test run you can think of every year or so.

My GP and Bariatric Surgeon where both aware of all I was doing. (At one time when I was working out 3 times a week, I had lost 120# and I went to see the Bariatric Surgeon, He thought I needed to work out more! I am like dude, I am losing 4 pounds a week for several months and you think I need to work out more?!)

With my weight loss, I have come off of several BP meds and cholesterol meds!

Last edited:

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If you are maintaining 199 with the amount you eat and the amount of exercise you get that is wonderful. My goal is to get to 200. I am almost 6'.
If you eat 1800 cal of protein and veggies you can eat a whole bunch. It's the fat and carbs that add calories fast!

Yes. You can eat a LOT of veggies (1800 Calories).

Glad to hear you're seeing a nutritionist. Lots of people lose weight too quickly. There's a healthy way to do it.

Good for you on your accomplishments.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Been wanting to drop at least 50lbs forever. I can just never follow through dieting and working out. Im in to try again though

6-3 weighing in around 290

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
All I had to do was to schedule the surgery, but I couldn't get my mind straight in order to do it. I'm thinking if I have to eat like that, why not just eat like that without the surgery. However, I have not started to eat like that to lose the weight. Plus, I have seen too many people have the surgery, lose the weight and then just put it back on.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Been wanting to drop at least 50lbs forever. I can just never follow through dieting and working out. Im in to try again though

6-3 weighing in around 290

I'm 6'5 weighing around 285.

I'd like to get around 230.

Last edited:

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'm in.

I'm 5'10" 240.

Wanna see 220 maybe 215 Biggest issue is food.
I get plenty of exercise I just still eat like I did in HS.(when I got even more exercise)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
Between Aug of 2014 and June of 2015 I dropped 35 lbs and have held it there. I weighed 194 this morning so I'm 9 lbs heavier than when I finished high school 53 years ago. My goal is 185 by June and 180 by Christmas. I rarely eat anything with sugar, limit of one piece of bread daily, nothing carbonated, and I eat a lot of fish and turkey. I exercise at least five days a week for a minimum of an hour, thread mill, exercise bike, and weights. I feel great and take no meds for anything. One thing I've found is don't limit your protein at breakfast get some fuel in your tank and it really helps control your urge to snack.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Bariatric surgery is the easy way out imo...it forces you to do what you could do yourself with the willpower. Im about 280 these days and really need to get myself in check. If you saw the complications of the surgery like I have with many patients you wouldnt even consider it. I would like in on this....starting next week. Going to MB for the weekend and no way I can eat healthy down there. I "used" to be 165 but I had no mass, got more muscle on one arm than my whole body back then. Honestly if I could get back to 100kg id be happy.

Last edited:

daviddeerhunter

Eight Pointer
6'2" and i weigh 161. But im also 16 and eat about 6,000 calories a day! Its great still growing! Im also homeschooled so i spend alot of time building, cutting heater wood, and working on trucks, and walking miles back into the gamelands with a climber and a bow.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
6'2" and i weigh 161. But im also 16 and eat about 6,000 calories a day! Its great still growing! Im also homeschooled so i spend alot of time building, cutting heater wood, and working on trucks, and walking miles back into the gamelands with a climber and a bow.

Enjoy it now. At your age, I was 6'4" and 156 lbs.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns

When I was 16 I was about 6'4 and weighed about 180. I could eat everything under the sun and never gain a single pound. Haha. I was also playing 2 sports a year.

Don't take it for granted, it'll cutoff on you in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I graduated HS in the summer of '82 at 155#'s.

I started the college baseball season in the spring of '83 at 188#'s.

I weigh the exact same thing, now, I weighed when I played my last game in the spring of '86. It just looks different.....lol.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks for posting this. I started on Monday on my own, but it sure is helpful having support. I'm in. I have a fair amount of muscle I've been concerned about losing, but there's fat that needs to go, no doubt. I lift heavy, full body 2-3 times per week. Need to mix in a little short intense cardio.

5' 10"

Goal is 199 ... then I'll re-assess.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I'm 5-11 and 200. Need to be around 180.
Cut out booze and Junk for the next few months and reassess
I get my exercise trying to keep up with a GSP. :)

Briargoat

Ten Pointer
Thanks for posting this and congratulations on the weight loss. I thought about doing a similar thread but I'm not that far along yet on my weight loss and ashamed at how out of shape I've gotten.
I'm working on it though and it's good to have a place to discuss and be held accountable.
I've lost around 4 lbs since New Years even tho I got off track this past Sunday.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Last year I ran my 1st 5k on NEW Years Day instead of deer hunting...done well!

However, I was 214# and 6'1"..the heaviest I'd ever been. So I made a goal to get back to 188 or lower. It took a few months but I reached it with lots of exercise (running, biking, basketball) and most of all Daniel Fast. 1800 calories a day with no meat, no cheese or dairy etc.

I do the Daniel Fast now ever 6 months to a year just to detox. Give it a try...there are some great meals out there..And you poop more often than just eating meat aND potatoes. Lol

Last edited: