Boat Rental vs Owning

rustvyper

Ten Pointer
I know when I was stationed in GA I was a member of something called the "Freedom Boat Club". It was awesome! Monthly I paid about what I would pay for a payment on a nice boat (I think it was around $250) but the headache was waaaay less. Not only did the Savannah location have around 20 boats to choose from, but they are an east coast chain & allowed use at any of the other franchises. Uses were unlimited on a first come first serve basis (online reservation system).
The only downside was not being able to set up a good saltwater fishing boat the way I really would have liked to, but the upsides were worth it.

wasmeneh

Button Buck
I am surprised that the community they live in doesn't have a designated area in it for parking boats and RVs. Most coastal communities with hoa's have something set up. I recall you saying that they don't have a vehicle capable of towing but it would be cheaper to go that route (buy an older vehicle capable of towing then they could keep it at the one of those dollar a day places) New Been is a great boating area plenty of fresh and salt water fishing or just cruising. I fished a lot of bass tournaments out of the downtown ramp and enjoyed it a lot. You can go way up the Neuse or way down the options are infinite. Hard for me to believe anyone would want to live in the area without one . The advice about a Carolina Skiff is a good one they are very stable but you could get by with less than a 24. They are a little rough in chop but otherwise their high sides are good for the waters around New Been.