Lake Adger bank fish pre-spawn yellow perch?

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
You can't bank fish at Lake Adger but you might find some fishermans trails along the Green River above the lake.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
NC fishing license enough? where to bank fish Lake Lure then?

Yes. Morse Park is the best public place to bank fish at Lake Lure. There used to be a few places up Boys Camp Rd and Buffalo Shoals Rd, that I would pull off of when I was younger.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Is Boys Town Road the road that splits off before you get to the bridge over the river?

Scalf

Eight Pointer
+1 for lake lure. I used to tear em up when I lived there. If they aren't in the shallows yet, try behind the police station in the channel where the broad river feeds the lake. It's deep and I always caught coon tails there. Either night crawlers on the bottom, or even better would be shiners if you can find some

Last edited:

drq

+1 for lake lure. I used to tear em up when I lived there. If they aren't in the shallows yet, try behind the police station in the channel where the broad river feeds the lake. It's deep and I always caught coon tails there. Either night crawlers on the bottom, or even better would be shiners if you can find some

bank fishing Lake Lure? May I know where exactly? I have never been to Lake Lure.

cklem

bank fishing Lake Lure? May I know where exactly? I have never been to Lake Lure.

I've never fished lake lure, but have fished yellow perch in many, many lakes, I've caught them from the bank, but perch move around so much it's hard to catch a lot of them sitting in one spot, if I catch 2 dozen jumbos, I might move 20 times. Shiners on a drop shot is your best set up. You might get lucky and find a bank fishing spot that perch are spawning around, if that's the case you could load up on them, but I've never caught a great number bank fishing, just a few here and there. To put it into perspective, I fish with a guy that has some really sensitive electronics, we can see the perch near the bottom, they seem to travel around in schools from a few fish to a couple dozen, they move around in a fairly big area, at least that's what we've experienced. On a good day we can catch 75 jumbos, but it's only because we have the ability to move around and find them.