Prayers for unborn son

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hope things turn out better than they look now. It is going to a lot of strength from you to get the family through the next few weeks and beyond.

blackheel

Twelve Pointer
Gremcat - I will be praying for a great outcome for y'all. Feel free to reach out if needed. We have gone through some similar stuff. Just know that people are out there for you!

Last edited:

genbud78

Ten Pointer
Praying for ya'll. God knows what He is doing and all will be done accordingly. Prayer is a powerful thing.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Just called doc and they had first results. No on toxo yes on Cytomeglavirus. They think she got it 3rd trimester which is better for the baby. They are now testing to see if it was her first exposure or more likely and hopefully a later exposure that transmitted it. If she has been exposed then she and the baby have antibodies to fight it. The most likely disability at this point is deafness/hearing loss. Still waiting a few more days on gene test but they think unlikely.

Thanks all for the prayers. I actually brought my baby girl and her mom to church finally this Sunday. My sons and I go but my wife hasn't. She attended as a kid but I have struggled to get her there as an adult. If it takes a scare like this so be it. We will all be better for it.

I spent most of the weekend just watching my other children and realizing how precious life is. I don't think I have shared it here but I was diagnosed after the accident with Meneire's disease. I have had it since childhood and along with vestibular migraines and vertigo it causes deafness. The Neuro said as early as mid 30s. I will be 34 in May. I am ok with it for me. The thought of childhood deafness is altogether different. Long after my hearing goes I will remember my daughter singing or my sons' laughing. To never no what a bird sounds like or your mother's voice is hard to imagine. Never been good with words as most that know me will say but if I could paraphrase what ZG said recently- don't get so wound up about others that have different views. It's all in the beauty of life. The sun rises tomorrow. Enjoy it's warmth and try to make someone else's day. Go home and hug your kids and just be thankful. It is fleeting and if the past few years have taught me anything it can all change in a second. Either a diagnosis or a speeding car. Don't waste the life you have been given.

Hope everyone is safe today in this wintery weather.
Jeremia

Last edited:

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
Praying for you and your family. I remember your kind words and offers when my son had issues at birth. I hope everything turns out all right.

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Contributor
Your attitude is an inspiration. I am sure you are equipped to handle, with God's help, whatever issues your child has. God bless you.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Chromosomal test came back low risk. They can never say for certain without amnio but it's good news. Just waiting on the 2nd test for CMV to see if my wife has been exposed before. It sounds like if she has the risk of birth defects could be single digits. Only way to rule everything out is when he is born. Thank you for the continued prayers.