Creepy Craiglist E-Mail Incident

Oh no. :skeerd: What Will I do without your unfailing support.

Some of you guys are a trip. I'm being a troll? Why? Because I enjoy conversing about things that take place in my life. Hell, anyone can admit that this is a pretty bizarre set of events. I just thought others may find it interesting is all. How is my post any different than say, you coming on here and telling your fellow members about your house being broken into? That's not a normal day to day thing, but I'd bet some members would be intrigued to hear your OK and be interested in what happened. I guarantee you wouldn't be called out for being a troll. Isn't that what this forum is for? Discussing the outdoors, yes, but also, just our lives in general? This, for me, and for a lot of us I'd bet, is an escape from our daily grind, or, when we just need an outside opinion.

I could be wrong, but, that's the way I see it.

Troll us here and play internet flirt with creepy dudes apparently. I give up with this dude

Last edited:
Brother, I couldn't tell you what I wan't to do with the rest of my life. At 23 years old, I just really don't know yet. I currently have a job. It's not the best, but certainly not the worst I'v ever had. I have no illusions of doing anything grand with my life, just your average joe here. I get emails everyday from the idiots that surf CL, offering to hire you for an errand runner or pay by check in the mail to post ads for them,etc. I can usually tell the B.S. from the select few that may pan out to more than a few emails. I'v had a few people contact me that were "real" and ended up better off, career wise, for having met them. This one, was a particularly strange case and I just felt it should be discussed is all.

What are you looking to do with your life?

Last edited:

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The longer you wait to get it together, the less time you will have to get everything right before retiring. I thought i was doing great at 23 with a semi full time job...blah blah....now i wish i would have graduated from high school and went straight to a construction company.

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The longer you wait to get it together, the less time you will have to get everything right before retiring. I thought i was doing great at 23 with a semi full time job...blah blah....now i wish i would have graduated from high school and went straight to a construction company.

This...all I can say is this....I've read almost all your posts and my number one thought has been...man this guy needs to get his act together.

You have no idea how far behind screwing around for those first few years of adulthood puts you....find a real job..with a legit company...one with names on their vehicles and that doesn't pay you under the table. Keep your head down ask questions and master whatever job they give you. Don't waste your money on 100 dollar knifes...open a 401k

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Although...my retirement withholdings do a great job of keeping me broke. Hopefully sacrificing now will make it worth it later.

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Although...my retirement withholdings do a great job of keeping me broke. Hopefully sacrificing now will make it worth it later.

Started mine from the first paycheck of my first real job. Can't miss money you have never seen...everytime I get a pay raise my contributions go up....not to get the thread off tract but maybe he will accept some of this advice

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Started mine from the first paycheck of my first real job. Can't miss money you have never seen...everytime I get a pay raise my contributions go up....not to get the thread off tract but maybe he will accept some of this advice

Started mine on like my 70th paycheck. We have a 12 month holding period and then you have to start either Jan 1st or July 1st

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy

You guys will probably retire on time or early, and with nothing to worry about.

Ahh to be 23 again, and have this entire forum's wealth of knowledge and advice. It won't work though. 99% of young males, for some reason, have some kind of "stupid" gene in them (us). I had it, not sure it's gone yet, but I'm a LOT brigghter now than I was then. Turns out my parents and close elders were FAR brighter than I gave them credit for. :( I could be RICH right now.

Smartest kid I know worked for me during summers between college. Made bank in about 2.5 months, and spent LEAN the rest of the time. Spring Break you say? He worked with me. He was top notch to!! Trustworty, dependable, everything I wanted. Sadly, (for me however :D) he graduated early and WITH honors. EVERY paycheck he got, he put the maximum amount into his 401K, and IRA. He WILL be a Millionaire by 40, probably earlier, no doubt in my mind. He turned down someone whom offered him $40K per year (not guaranteed) not to go back to college. He laughed at that.

Last edited:

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I found a nice Chevy truck on Craigslist about 5 years ago for a heck of a deal and contacted the seller , long story short it was a scam and I haven't fooled with that site since , I have tried to sell stuff on there as well and it was always "strange" when people tried to buy ...I would never try to look for work on there.

I second the response about dressing professional and going out and putting in resumes , I have had my best luck setting my sights on a place and applying even when they aren't hiring , go in and meet a manager , give the resume and call back in a week checking the status , then call again if you really want it , managers pick up on persistence and professionalism at any place of business

Trophybucks

Look man. Anytime you can get some good advice from men old enough to have screwed up in our own lives and be old enough to see where we could have done things different then meditate on what your told and maybe you can learn something that will help you. Life at your age can be tough but it doesn't have to be. Find a man you admire that is successful or at least stable LOL. Someone that one day you would like to be like and one that will also tolerate you. Spend some time with him. Productive or not. Pay attention to how he acts. Pay attention to how he talks. Pay attention to how he treats others and how he treats himself. Pay attention to how he approaches his job. If you have a genuine interest then most men will try to help you and guide you.

Or don't and end up wherever life takes you. Men with no goals are sure to reach each and every one of them. your choice.

Last edited:
I am hearing everything you guys are saying. I do take in and appreciate positive criticism. I have faith in the advice I'm given here. It just gets under my skin when I'm getting quote unquote talked down to, just for trying to get opinions on a strange occurance in my life, or anything else really.

At any rate, thanks to everyone for the advice. I DO take it to heart. I'd be ignorant not to.

Last edited:

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Because I enjoy conversing about things that take place in my life.

I don't particularly enjoy conversing with someone who wants a lot of attention. Look at me. Look at me. That's what you are doing when you can't type post in normal font like everyone else here. Drop the bold.