Airsoft guys on here?

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
My son has a few M4s he used once. For his birthday I got him a new charger and a red dot. When shooting them they both either jammed or had mag issues. I thought we bought decent guns. Looking online they need to be serviced, can be upgraded/modded, and about a million other things. Anyone play around Raleigh? I was going to take him to a field for his birthday but want to make sure I understand his gear and what not. I did buy the sight from Gotcha but the salesman knew nothing about airsoft.

Mountaineer91

Four Pointer
My son plays a lot. He goes to xtreme kombat right on the Durham/Wake line. Biggest issue with jamming is using cheap bbs. They are not smooth and can jam. My son shoots elite force bbs you can buy online (Ebay).

There are many guys at the field that can answer questions and offer some help. There is a store right off I-40 in Burlington. They sell a lot of low end and mid-level equipment. For high end (air operated) you have to order online. There are YouTube videos dealing with almost every issue. You can learn a lot by watching the videos, especially with jamming issues.

If you have any questions about the field, then just send me a pm. Paintball is more popular at the field. We have found that the airsoft crowd generally shows up late morning. If it is a rainy day, the crowd will be small. It is more fun with a larger crowd. Just make sure he has headgear. You can rent it at the field, but the cost will add up over time versus buying it online.