Orange County - Proposed Firearms Discharge Ordinance

Redeye

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The Village of Tobaccoville attempted a similar ordinance in January. But with the strong showing of citizens against the proposal at a village meeting got it tossed out.

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
"The ordinance will not impact or regulate hunting activities"

^^^ I bet my last meal it will do just exactly what they said it wont do...you folks better fight this. I can see it now..ordinance are policed through complaints...this ordinance just opens the door for complaints. Thus it will impact deer hunters on private property hunting close to property lines. You guys who preach property rights (which I agree with)....your rights start at the property line..not where some liberal tells you to be across your property line.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Good 'ol people's republic of orange county. Gotta love these liberals... right, crash?

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If you live in Orange county, I hope you show up and do your part to stop this- if they get their foot in the door on this..............who knows what is next!

UNC breeds some of the top gun haters in the country! Many of them tend to hang around Ch- hill after they graduate - only increasing the number of tofu eating, gun-hating, democraps in Orange county (and surrounding counties unfortunately)

crittergitter

Ten Pointer
OH MY! I am so glad that I had sold my property in Orange county!! If (and thats a big if) I read this correctly you cannot discharge a firearm indoors. I also see this as a way to side step personal protection rights. Maybe I am reading more into it than there is but I learned how those uber liberal people think while living there. When I lived in the country part of OC I saw things like this coming with all of the Chapel Hill people moving out our way. Several of my neighbors did not like the fact I would hang deer from a pole in my back yard and gut and skin them. Even had the sheriff called on me for that one. I had the sheriff called on me for a burn barrel. Thats what I got for not buying the 15 acres beside me and stopping a small development from being built there. If those of you that live in OC now do not stand up I can only see this type of thing happening more.

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
OH MY! I am so glad that I had sold my property in Orange county!! If (and thats a big if) I read this correctly you cannot discharge a firearm indoors. I also see this as a way to side step personal protection rights. Maybe I am reading more into it than there is but I learned how those uber liberal people think while living there. When I lived in the country part of OC I saw things like this coming with all of the Chapel Hill people moving out our way. Several of my neighbors did not like the fact I would hang deer from a pole in my back yard and gut and skin them. Even had the sheriff called on me for that one. I had the sheriff called on me for a burn barrel. Thats what I got for not buying the 15 acres beside me and stopping a small development from being built there. If those of you that live in OC now do not stand up I can only see this type of thing happening more.

Come on now you know the only reason they pass these ordinances is to protect the people. :greenjump:

chef

Ten Pointer
Proposed ordinance voted down 7-0!

good news. but don't believe for a second that the liberal invaders in CH and Hillsborough won't keep trying to peck away at it. or the first time some dumbass not practicing common sense who shoots someone or their property, they will come down hard.

waymoe1

Ten Pointer
the ordinance that was purposed to be adopted was Lenoir countys ordinance. which if you look at it seems very reasonable. a lot better than that trash that the county had made up.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
the ordinance that was purposed to be adopted was Lenoir countys ordinance. which if you look at it seems very reasonable. a lot better than that trash that the county had made up.

Honestly, I'm against any weapon discharge ordinance for the county. If you can legally own it, and legally be on the property, you should be able to shoot. If you hurt someone in the process, YOU are responsible. That is the way the law is now, and I see no reason to change it.

chef

Ten Pointer
Honestly, I'm against any weapon discharge ordinance for the county. If you can legally own it, and legally be on the property, you should be able to shoot. If you hurt someone in the process, YOU are responsible. That is the way the law is now, and I see no reason to change it.

stop being a libertarian. people start to get scared with positions like these.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Yep ... The People showed up and the liberal Marxist tyrant wannabes shrunk.

And chef is right ... gotta keep your eye on them all the time. I don't trust a one of them as far as I can throw 'em.

waymoe1

Ten Pointer
Yep ... The People showed up and the liberal Marxist tyrant wannabes shrunk.

And chef is right ... gotta keep your eye on them all the time. I don't trust a one of them as far as I can throw 'em.
yeah I really thought when McKee got in there being from the northern part of the county there would be a voice of reason in the crowd. but no he has jumped right on board and forgotten who put him in office.

waymoe1

Ten Pointer

I like your thoughts too, but it seems that there is going to be no way around something. so given the later I would prefer the Lenoir ordinance.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I am amazed that it was voted down unanimous. I figured part of that crowd would have voted yes regardless of public input. They will likely regroup and try to back door a slightly watered down version.

chef

Ten Pointer
I am amazed that it was voted down unanimous. I figured part of that crowd would have voted yes regardless of public input. They will likely regroup and try to back door a slightly watered down version.

i get the neighborhood argument, but i would just say, that is what an hoa is for.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Apples and oranges Crash.

I guess you supported this lame brain weapons discharge ordinance that was spawned by the liberal Chapel Hill politicians who have ruined Orange County.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
crash can never criticize chapel hill. Ever. Never seen it here. Of course, he has no problem putting down the rest of the county (where most of the small % of the conservatives live). He's a "true fan" of that town for sure ... I suppose he must love these idgits, too.

Last edited:

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Easy on Crash.

I can say that I have met him in person. LONG after my disdain for CH was announced. He didn't seem to care about that.

While I can't defend his defense of so called "blue heaven" I can say that meeting him in person was no different than meeting a multitude of other forum member whom seem to share the same common goal.

One day either Crash will cave and join the few of y'all, or Crash will stay a loyal ambassador of CH. Regardless, your fight is not with him, it's with the people who want to limit your rights. He's not one of them imho,. Yes, he has a blind loyalty to CH, but read the sport forum, or even worse, the muzzleblast forum (politics) if you want to see where blind loyalty can lead people you respect!

Last edited:

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It is OK ST8. I have known Crash since the early 90s. I have done business with he and his Dad. He visited with me when I was recovering from my broken pelvis and brought me supper. But that does not keep me from ragging on him about the left wing politics of Crap Hill.