photobucket is really sucking lately. ...

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Did anyone pay the fee to do away with all the ads and popups?

Is there a better way and easier way?
The old photobucket was great and easy but now with all the ads abd junk it is slow and jumps around if you click on say links, for a pic it pops up ads or shows an ad that covers 50% of the screen.

Thoughts?

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I use picturetrail, and have for many years. My plan costs $19.95 annually, is very easy, lots of storage, with no pop-ups or other interruptions. Most of the other lure collectors also use it for posting to various websites.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
THANK YOU MR Gadget!!! :mad:.

I am SO fed up with photobucket I am looking for a replacement! :mad:. And it started out soooo beautifully years/decades? ago! Now it's just junk. Any video I upload the audio is not in sync with the video :mad: Pop ups all over the place. SLOW, and not only that, I notice my other tabs run slow while I have photobucket up.

I'm done with them. Stiab's picturetrail might very well be worth $20 a year to avoid the frustration!

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I know a lot of people who use smugmug.com and have no complaints with the service. I still use photobucket and don't have that much of an issue with it.

It is easy to get a discount code for smugmug also.

https://www.smugmug.com/

<>< Fish

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone here know what it takes to make a hosting system just for personal use to host pictures and the likes?

I have high speed earthlink if that said anything and I think they offer some stuff to make or host a web site.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Anyone here know what it takes to make a hosting system just for personal use to host pictures and the likes?

I have high speed earthlink if that said anything and I think they offer some stuff to make or host a web site.
All you really need is storage for pics. You can store them on a flash drive. The kicker is videos, they take up so much space. In essence what a place like PB is doing is storing them and then providing a route to them, well they do the same with pics also. But you would have to have a pretty good size server over time.