Prayers needed

Redeye

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
As some of you may know, my wife and I are heavily involved in mission work in Haiti. So much so that we just started our own non-profit business to allow us to do more. Our primary focus to this point is to support an orphanage and school that was founded and being run by my wife's Haitian brother.

We got disturbing news yesterday that Yvon (orphanage director) and another friend were shot and killed after leaving a bank. They were at the bank to get donations thatwehadjustwired to them for teacher's salaries and food for the orphanage.

He leaves behind a wife, 2 grown kids and 33 orphanage kids that know him as Papa Yvon.

My wife and in laws will be heading to Port au Prince in the next day or two. I will go down after arrangements are made.

Please pray for comfort and understanding, especially for the orphanage kids. Also pay for safety in our travels. Pray for direction on how to proceed with the orphanage and school leadership.

Thanks to you all.
Jody

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Very sorry to hear that, if I can help with anything while you guys are gone please let me know.
Prayers sent for journey mercies and wisdom.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's terrible.

I will pray to the God who is sovereign over all things for your family, the orphanage, and for guidance moving forward.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Praying for all Jody, and I pray that you travel safely knowing He holds us in His hands....

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Jody - you all are in our prayers for understanding and for all of your family travels

Hawkeye

Ten Pointer
prayers will be said for all involved and safe travels.. very sorry for your loss

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

agreenchicken

Ten Pointer
Sad to hear of this. This is a sad world we live in and all we can do is come together as Christians and pray for one another. Prayers for all involved!

Redeye

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Thanks again everyone. I make the trip to Haiti in the morning. This is not going to be fun. Please continue to pray.