Nosler Accubond 125grain .308,,,,,,,Anyone deer hunted with these

gregor187

Six Pointer
Was thinking of the Barnes Bullet post a few months back and I have liked the thought of hunting with Light for Caliber bonded bullets.....just wondering if these open up enough on deer for quicker kills compared to the Barnes we discussed. And wondered if these held together and penetrated at the same time. Looks like 308 and 06 will send them down at 3200 plus fps.

Lets hear it Nosler Accubonds boys.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
.308 bolt rifle with 22" barrel? I'd say they would do fine. If you are talking AR platforms with 16" barrels, I would say they will kill deer but expansion could possibly be reduced since velocities will be slower.

hog&deerhunter

Ten Pointer
I am a big fan of the Accubombs and use them in my .257 Roy (110 gr). That said, I use 130 gr TTSX's in my .308. We have taken numerous deer and Black Bear with that load. TAC is a fantastic powder to use in your .308 too.

hunter930

Six Pointer
I use ABs in all my rifles. Killed a moose, and many deer, including my largest, with 165 AB in my 308. Elk with my Whelen and an AB. I don't think you can go wrong with them.

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
Bottom line I don't think you will find a better bullet hands down. I load them for 25-06 and 308. I am well pleased with the performance on deer and hogs.

Natebonebusta

Eight Pointer
I'm also an Accubond fan. I think the secret is out. I also load for the .25-06 in 110gr. I use RE-22. Never lost a whitetail to that setup.

pccutter

Spike
I load the 125 BT and love it. Every deer I have shoot were pass thru and none went over 50yds. I loaded AB's in other calibers and did not like the way they preformed ( small exit hole ).

gregor187

Six Pointer
Was thinking of the Barnes Bullet post a few months back and I have liked the thought of hunting with Light for Caliber bonded bullets.....just wondering if these open up enough on deer for quicker kills compared to the Barnes we discussed. And wondered if these held together and penetrated at the same time. Looks like 308 and 06 will send them down at 3200 plus fps.

Lets hear it Nosler Accubonds boys.

would like to revisit since 2016 season is over
everywhere I hunt the population is so low I did not shoot anything
by choice

Guybo

Eight Pointer
I've always liked using lighter bullets especially in the .30 cal. I can't comment on the 125gr accubond because they were not around when I had a .30 cal rifle. I gave the Barnes 130gr TSX a go for one season out of a 30.06 and shot 3 deer that year with that bullet all resulting in dead deer. The bullet left a pencil hole in and out with a small wound channel but I like I said I recovered all 3 deer so i'm not complaining. The bullet was crazy accurate but I just felt like it was a little to stout for deer around here so I didn't use it any more. I moved on to the 125gr BT and also tried the Sierra 125gr PH. I killed a bunch of deer with those two bullets but settled in on the BT and if I still had a .30 cal and only hunted deer and wanted to shoot a lighter bullet then that's what i'd be shooting. It was very accurate in my rifles and it's on game performance was excellent.

I did however load the 110gr accubond in my 25.06 when they first hit the market. I harvested 2 deer that season with the accubond so it got the job done. When I dressed the deer I found almost the same thing as I did with the solid copper Barnes, small entry and exit hole and a small wound channel. Again. i'm not complaining at all as I recovered both deer I shot with it but it too was a little tough for my liking.

The Accubond is an excellent bullet no doubt and if I hunted anything bigger or tougher than deer I would probably look into a bonded or solid copper bullet but here in my part of NC it's just not needed. IMO for deer its hard to beat an old school cup and core soft point.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I shot 110 grain accubonds this year after narrowing down that load as the most accurate out of my 6.8 SPC AR with 16" barrel.

Shot one deer with them. 8pt in the mtns well over 200#.

Shot was dead broadside at ~~~100 yards. High shoulder and he crumpled into the dirt at the shot. Didn't even quiver.

Top of heart and front of lungs were jelly, with minimal meat damage to the shoulders
Both Scapulas were broken/fractured.

Performed exactly as I had hoped.

Looking forward to sending a few more of them downrange this fall.