Cougar

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Here are three cougar kittens eating a beaver....

3kittens.png

Rockhound

Eight Pointer
Not even close to looking like a Cougar.

Every year I hear people say they have seen or have friends who have seen Cougars and/or Mountain Lions but yet they must be as elusive as Bigfoot because I haven't seen one pic yet of any of them here.
Arguing with people over their cougar siting is exactly like arguing with people about their encounter with Bigfoot. Exactly the same!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Arguing with people over their cougar siting is exactly like arguing with people about their encounter with Bigfoot. Exactly the same!

No, one is different.

You meet someone who's seen a cougar, it's like meeting someone who's gotten a speeding ticket.

You meet someone who's seen Bigfoot You do whatever you can to sit down with them and have a beer or two!! THATS gonna be a story!!!

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Go look at trailcam pictures at night of big deer vs. Trailcam pics of the same buck in daylight, you loose about 10-20" of antler. Pics always look bigger in the dark. Just like we men always look bigger in the mirror:)!

You look at men in mirrors? Kidding! Lmao!!!

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
I had such high hopes for this thread...turns out it could well have been a humane society and hooters thread...

Boojum

Ten Pointer
If somebody can't tell a very obvious photo of a bobcat from a cougar, I hope they don't hunt anywhere near me.

ron.sutherland2

Four Pointer
Indeed, the ears are the best giveaway when you can't see tail or spots (this is a rather plain and tawny bobcat as bobcats go). The preceding picture of the same animal gives it away too easily, as you can see the tufts on the side of the face: MFDC4193.jpg

Interestingly enough, we had a guy tell us in March at Alligator River that he had just seen a young cougar, and that he knew it wasn't a bobcat because it had a long tail. Who knows what it was...we haven't seen any signs yet of any mountain lions in any of the camera traps, and they show up on cameras out west without any trouble.

The ears say its a large bobcat.

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
Indeed, the ears are the best giveaway when you can't see tail or spots (this is a rather plain and tawny bobcat as bobcats go). The preceding picture of the same animal gives it away too easily, as you can see the tufts on the side of the face: View attachment 50886

Interestingly enough, we had a guy tell us in March at Alligator River that he had just seen a young cougar, and that he knew it wasn't a bobcat because it had a long tail. Who knows what it was...we haven't seen any signs yet of any mountain lions in any of the camera traps, and they show up on cameras out west without any trouble.

If I was a betting man I'd bet he saw a coyote…