vehicle,,,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
well my baby is wounded,,,,,Friday afternoon at 5PMish a lady decided to try to shoot out from a stop sign to get across the intersection before the southbound traffic got to her,,,,,unfgortunately she did not see me and my Ford F150 in the northbound side of the intersection passing IN FRONT OF HER!!!

she nailed me hard in the right rear of my truck,,,,damage was from the back of the passenger side door to the back of the rear tire,,,,,hard enough to push my rear end into the other lane,,,,but from initial appearances not bad right? but enough that it's gonna cost a little,,,,,,,,

since her car was an Audi A6 it did little real damage to the body,,, the bottom of the rear (suicide) door, panel, and truck bed have some crinkles, the running board is bent down a little,,,,,,may have shifted the bed back 1/2 (can't tell, could be just the way it looked) but the hanger for the exhaust had moved a half an inch (clean metal showing),,,,,,,,worst damage was to my tire (brand new nearly),,,my rim is damaged and something happened to brakes as fluid ran everywhere,,,,so couldn't drive it,,,,,,,the Audi's front end is toast,,,,have pics of it too but won't post since it's not my car,,,but if you see me ask about them

truck_29%2BApr%2B16.JPG

worst part is since it has 392,000+ miles,,,,(with driver seat where from so much butt time) they may total it,,,,,,,,,

hopefully it's not totaled, and gets fixed,,,,,ain't in the mood for a new used truck right now,,,,,,,

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer
It sounds like she may get totaled and you may end up in the market for another truck, but most importantly, you sound to be ok. I am glad that you are ok.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sometimes you can buy it back from the insurance company if they total it. It may turn out well for you.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
What Eric said. It may be since I know you really are interested about dependability at this point have someone you trust look at it. If they say it can be put back on the road and still be dependable yet leave some of the cosmetic stuff as is. You may want to go that route.

Either way, and I know you can, be prepared to get a little less than nice with her insurance adjuster. They are going to tell you just what a worn out piece of junk you were driving albeit you were just last week telling all of us just how dependable it has been. But I am not telling you a thing you don't already know.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
thanks everybody,,,,,,

What Eric said. It may be since I know you really are interested about dependability at this point have someone you trust look at it. If they say it can be put back on the road and still be dependable yet leave some of the cosmetic stuff as is. You may want to go that route.

Either way, and I know you can, be prepared to get a little less than nice with her insurance adjuster. They are going to tell you just what a worn out piece of junk you were driving albeit you were just last week telling all of us just how dependable it has been. But I am not telling you a thing you don't already know.

yeah, when my wife got rearended a year or so ago they other insurance company tried to value her vehicle way low and say it was totaled,,,,we didn't have to do squat - USAA took them to school,,,,value was 2 1/2 times AND they fixed it,,,,,,

we will see on this one,,,,,and yeah, may do the buy back thing as long as the frame didn't get "adjusted"

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The last I heard was about 15% buy back if they total it. Most likely they will due to the high milage

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
thanks everybody,,,,,,

yeah, when my wife got rearended a year or so ago they other insurance company tried to value her vehicle way low and say it was totaled,,,,we didn't have to do squat - USAA took them to school,,,,value was 2 1/2 times AND they fixed it,,,,,,

we will see on this one,,,,,and yeah, may do the buy back thing as long as the frame didn't get "adjusted"
Figured you had USAA as I do, that is one of the many benefits of them. They do most of the legwork for you.

Last edited:

tarheelshooter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Glad everybody is ok.
Had an accident last Tuesday morning on my way turkey hunting. Lady pulled out in front of me,tried to swerve and tore up the front end of her HHR and my F150. If I wouldn't have moved over some I would have caught it square in the doors and it would have been a whole lot worse. Impact took me across the road and into the front lot of a Ford dealership. Almost collected a line of new Fusions,only missed by a few feet.
Still waiting on her insurance people. This should be a fun few weeks. Pretty sure mine is totaled and there is no doubt about hers. Hope everything works out for you.

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
Glad it wasn't any worse. Hope you don't get jerked around by the insurance company.

Sent from wherever I was at the time...

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I have heard NOTHING but GREAT things about USAA.

Glad you weren't hurt, hope you can cheaply push that truck and it's worn down seat to around 500K while you look for a replacement lol.

Last edited:

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Not that it matters with the high miles, but the title will be a salvage title if they total it.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Not that it matters with the high miles, but the title will be a salvage title if they total it.

won't matter to me if I go that route,,,,,plan to drive it till it dies of old age,,,,,,

might just do this,,,,fix the brake damage (if not to severe) and if nothing else use it for a truck around the place here,,,,,

Last edited:

oteixeira

Four Pointer
Let's be honest, they are gonna offer you $500 for it with that mileage, you can buy it back for that, put another 1k at most in it, and be back on the road with a truck that has no doubt treated you amazingly through the years.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Just wondering about the amazement regarding the amount of miles on wood's truck. 300K isn't a crazy amount on some vehicles if they are taken care of. I'm near 300K on my 2001 F150 with no problems so far. Had an '88 F-150 that would have been rolling well past it's 315K had a similar situation happened to me. Unfortunately, there wasn't any saving mine. It was really toast, regardless of the miles.

oteixeira

Four Pointer
not even close,,,,,,

Well, glad I am wrong. I just know how these insurance companies like to value things at next to nothing when it comes time for them to pay up. I wish you the best, and really hope to see you get the truck back on the road,.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
well they totaled her,,,,,,

most likely will do the salvage option,,,,already talked with insurance company, repair place (for the brakes) and tow company,,,,,,She'll be back on the road unless there is something I am missing,,,,,,if there is it's not the first bit of change I have blown,,,,,,

oteixeira - you didn't factor in that my insurance company is USAA,,,,they take GOOD care of their customers,,,,,real fair deal here,,,,,,can't complain at all

main issue driving the "totaled" call was the fact that the body and driver's seat were in less than pristine condition - heck they are ROUGH! And the fact that I never fixed the previous hail damage,,,,,,